New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Apparently wala talagang required na OTP on bank transfer? Ang bano naman ng BDO. Buti pa sa ibang bank merong 2fa.
    Meronng OTP ang BDO pag 3rd party account and papaldalhan (BDO or non BDO). They will send you 2 text messages to confirm the money transfer.

Walang OTP kung sa own account mo illipat. Like if you have several BDO accounts tapos ililipat mo lang among those accts ang pera mo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Meronng OTP ang BDO pag 3rd party account and papaldalhan (BDO or non BDO). They will send you 2 text messages to confirm the money transfer.

Walang OTP kung sa own account mo illipat. Like if you have several BDO accounts tapos ililipat mo lang among those accts ang pera mo.
    Sa BDO Pay app, walang OTP hinihingi.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009

Ang OTP daw is when you login on their website or when you register a device with the banking app. The transfer transaction itself walang OTP. Unlike BPI evey transaction kahit ₱99 peso load ng cellphone may OTP. I'm asking a friend to move her money to either BPI or Metrobank. Parang ang dami na na hacking incident ng BDO.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yung iba bigla na lang nawalan ng pera. Walang log in na ginawa at walang OTP na dumating.

Kaya may naghihinala na inside job dahil kasabay ata ng system upgrade ito.
    Sabi nga either inside job or sophisticated hacker. Hindi sya simpling phishing lang or yun sim swap lang.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    This is real life "Money Heist" banks really should step up their cyber security.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    There are at least three possibilities:

On one hand, this was really a security breach that involved unauthorized fund transfers and the victims are innocent.

Then there's the angle wherein the complainants themselves perpetrated the fraud and then claimed "victim".

Finally, it's possible that the "victims" were careless about their online security but they're too proud to admit it. So they blamed the bank for their folly.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    alam niyo bakit bdo to unionbank?

coz you can cash into / out of Binance with unionbank

the stolen money goes to buy crypto on binance

it's the most popular cryptocurrency exchange for pinoys

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I have adviced my friend to open an account to with BPI or metrobank. Dami nang hacking incident BDO.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    As per the video I saw of the victim complaining, noparticipation or interaction whatsover from her,
    i am now wondering,
    were the so-called victims, a matter of random chance?
    was there a unifying factor that the victims all had?

kasi,
    if i were the magnanakaw,
    i'd steal from an account that has oddles of money.
    yung tipong, hindi agad mapupuna ng account holder na nanakawan na pala siya ng 50K...
    Last edited by dr. d; December 13th, 2021 at 08:22 PM.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast