New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Good luck to those who bought in with SLP at 19. Make sure to get out before it drops after the hype.

People are overselling Axie as if the only direction SLP can go is up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You don't buy SLP ... it's earned ... doesn't really matter whether SLP is 5 or 10 or 20 ...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You don't really buy SLP ... it's earned ...
    "bought in" meaning allowing yourself or to willfully participate in something e.g. Axie hehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You use ETH to buy Axies ... and ETH price is near bottom these days ... it's more than 50% down from ATH and still dropping ... better if one could understand the game mechanics rather than ...
    Last edited by Walter; July 14th, 2021 at 10:48 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    trivia:

axie infinity exists on the ethereum network (it's a blockchain game)

recently axie migrated to an ethereum sidechain called ronin

ronin was specifically created for the axie community

purpose is to support scaling and smoother game play

la lang

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    You use ETH to buy Axies ... and ETH price is near bottom these days ... it's more than 50% down from ATH and still dropping ... better if one could understand the game mechanics rather than ...
    People get into Axie as an investment, rather than purely as a game for amusement. It’s the Play-to-Earn model that people get drawn into.

The business model is simple - you buy into it (prices today to get a starter set is around 50k), then you grind and earn SLP, and eventually you recoup your 50k investment and all the SLP you earn is your income.

SLP trades at 16 pesos today. Playing 3-5 hrs per day gets you around 100 SLP. So in theory you’ll recoup your 50k investment in a month’s time, and afterwards you’ll earn 1.6k per day for 3-5 hrs worth of gaming. And this is what all the hype men in FB are shilling today.

But if SLP drops to 6 pesos like it was a few months back, you’ll need almost 3 months to get a return in your investment, and you’ll only earn 600 per day moving forward.

The alternative can be true and SLP doubles and you can earn 3.2k per day on 3-5 hrs of work. But as with anything crypto, you have to be ready for a swing in both directions.

For me, even if SLP increases several times over its current price, it’s still not worth my time. I have better things to do that earn more than a few thousand pesos for 5 hours a day of gaming that I don’t enjoy.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Axie manager-scholar model exists similar to taxi operators and drivers that have “boundary”.

Obviously most people can’t afford the buy-in price of Axie, so someone else with capital will buy in and let their scholars do the grinding and then agree on a split on the SLP earnings.

But again - the business model only works if the earnings are worth it for the grinder/scholar.

Going back to the taxi analogy - if a driver earns 2k per day marami siguro magaapply. But if I only earn 500 per day, mas konti kakagat. And unlike real life fiat money where your money’s worth is pretty stable, in Axie there’s a lot volatility on how much your time is actually worth.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    misinformed again ...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    misinformed again ...
    Sige nga, inform me

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Hehehe ... maybe I'm the one misinformed ... anyways, at the very least 150 SLP daily up to 250 for standard teams ... and you have a point, it's not for people who have better sources of income ... but some people have been able to make money by getting scholars and / or breeding ... strike while the iron is hot ... the game is still in beta ...

The metaverse is growing ... we need to be able to understand how to make money from NFTs and the blockchain or we get left behind ... or so they say ... but guess these people have the spare funds to take risks in that space ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast