New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mortis View Post
    Emv is mandated by bsp on 2016 pa. Local banks require a lot of effort to migrate to the new standard. The fist step was to make the atm machines emv compliant. Its more challenging to migrate exusting users to new emv cards specially for the larger banks.

Note that aside from thr euro-mastercard-visa (emv), the local standard for proprietary cards was late in being implemented. Thus, migration of non mastercard or visa cards to the local chip standard will be much later.

In the meantime, when making withdrawals, try to use those inside bank premises. If using atms try shaking the portion where the cards are inserted. If you feel that your card is compromised, change pin immediately.
    95% of atms from all banks including the big 3 are EMV compatible na. EMV chip supplier ang problema.

Jan 1 2017 is the BSP deadline hence I titled the thread 2016 EMV. For sure banks will roll out their atm cards with emv before Jan 1 2017. This will be a no cost to depositors as per BPI.

7M BPI accounts will be a difficult task to convert. I would pay just to get better security.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    How do i enroll for email notifications from BPI for any atm withdrawal?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I just try to keep as little money in my ATM as possible, I just transfer from my other accounts when I need to.
    Hence, a bigger risk for me is my online banking account getting hacked.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    same here bro. ever since the skimming started, I only keep money not more than 20k in my ATM. kung sakaling ma skim ang ATM ko abuloy ka na yan sa skimmer. To date I've never transacting online banking. I'm still transacting the traditional way either over the counter or call may bank.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Me too, sa payroll ko as much as possible zero out ko agad.

Pag may malaking bigay, over the counter ko agad then lipat sa personal account ko, may atm card pero seldom ako mag widraw using it puro over the counter.

Dati i enjoy online banking, pero i stopped na din.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Ako transfer agad sa SaveUp account. Dalawang ka-opisina ko na ang nabiktima.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    When it comes to online, minimize exposure na lang using your bank accounts. Use credit cards. Until bayaran mo yung fraudulent transactions, pera ng banko yan. They will take your report more seriously compared kung na debit sa account mo fraudulently. Most likely goodbye na yun.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    When it comes to online, minimize exposure na lang using your bank accounts. Use credit cards. Until bayaran mo yung fraudulent transactions, pera ng banko yan. They will take your report more seriously compared kung na debit sa account mo fraudulently. Most likely goodbye na yun.
    Not many have cc. The emv chipped cards will elimimate the use of cc.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Not many have cc. The emv chipped cards will elimimate the use of cc.
    I dont think emv debit cards will replace credit card usage... Current reward programs provide better incentives to use credit cards vs debit cards.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    The bank will still collect. Hindi basta basta absorbed ang fraud transaction...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    How does this skimming work? May device attached that compromises the machine? How can it get your pin? Or the device also save your pin?

My cousin got victimized 40K naman, BPI too. Tsk tsk tsk.

they usually attach a reader right where you insert the card, manipis lang ito, you wouldnt realize it wasnt part of the machine, then a second device, a small cam pointed at the keypad. sabi sa balita it only take minutes to install this. so kahit matao ang lugar kung di naman pinapansin ng tao yung nasa ATM, makakainstall pa rin. safest bet eh yung nasa loob ng bank dahil may guard, or yung laging may guard na ATM.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast