New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    IMO, it's a bit unfair to judge someone's patriotism because they have a Chinese car. We do not know the circumstances on why they bought one in the first place. Each purchase has its own unique story: e.g. company car pala kaya no choice (like VW / Ford) or yung gusto nilang kotse sobrang haba ng pila kaya napilitan bumili ng iba (Geely's dealership on North EDSA is less than a block away from Toyota).

I don't have a Chinese car but I am happy that these arrived because it forced the established players to do much better (especially Toyota). I don't think ADAS or cruise control would have reached the sub-1.4M range had it not been for these new kids on the block.

Obviously, no Filipino is happy with what the Chinese Coast Guard and PLA Navy is doing just a stone's throw away from our coastlines. But if you want to make patronage of Chinese products as a measure of patriotism then be ready to walk the talk and shun as much modern tech and products as you can.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    But if you want to make patronage of Chinese products as a measure of patriotism then be ready to walk the talk and shun as much modern tech and products as you can.
    pakbet na lang yata ang hindi made in china...
    pati bamboo sticks, fabrique au chin na rin.
    heh heh.

competition does tend to improve product quality, to the benefit of the purchasing public.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 18th, 2024 at 12:58 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    I don't even bother reading articles about Chinese cars.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I'm not gonna buy Chinese cars. But, in no way am I judging anyone for owning one.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    doubledouble.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what i fear more, is the lack of spare parts availability.
    some years back, there was this tongue-in-cheek sentiment, that when one purchases a china car, one should purchase also a second, identical car, because one will serve as spare parts source.

i read some time ago, that part of the secret of toyota's success, are that the local market are awash with toyota spare parts.
    the same writer said that toyota actually supported these third party manufacturers.

But it is a chinese vehicle you can get spare parts from lazada or shopee right?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    But it is a chinese vehicle you can get spare parts from lazada or shopee right?

It's looking like Shopee / Lazada / AliExpress have a long list of available parts for various Chinese cars, the bigger brands especially (BYD, SAIC, etc). I'd like to think MOST spare parts needed will be available online in Asia, especially the ones prone to wear and tear.

BTW, anti-china evangelists will need to stay away from Lazada too, as it is partly owned by the Chinese government.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what i fear more, is the lack of spare parts availability.
    some years back, there was this tongue-in-cheek sentiment, that when one purchases a china car, one should purchase also a second, identical car, because one will serve as spare parts source.

i read some time ago, that part of the secret of toyota's success, are that the local market are awash with toyota spare parts.
    the same writer said that toyota actually supported these third party manufacturers.
    If the Chinese brands have a lot of parts in Lazada bakit ang Gen 1 Ford territory na made in china din ay wala? It will be 4 years old by August and yet suspension parts are really in short supply to the point that warranty claims have to wait for so many months before their issues could be repaired. There were parts in Lazada but it went out of stock last March pa. Tapos mukhang na blackmarket pa ang parts as I have read posts in FB groups and chats, where they were charged by outside repair shops 3x - 5x the cost of parts and labor. Nalaman ko ito this February lang nung bumigay suspension ko, buti nakabili pa ako sa Lazada.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    If the Chinese brands have a lot of parts in Lazada bakit ang Gen 1 Ford territory na made in china din ay wala? It will be 4 years old by August and yet suspension parts are really in short supply to the point that warranty claims have to wait for so many months before their issues could be repaired. There were parts in Lazada but it went out of stock last March pa. Tapos mukhang na blackmarket pa ang parts as I have read posts in FB groups and chats, where they were charged by outside repair shops 3x - 5x the cost of parts and labor. Nalaman ko ito this February lang nung bumigay suspension ko, buti nakabili pa ako sa Lazada.
    Parang mag make sense yung na blackmarket ah.
    Sa mga cars na ito na maraming issues usually umaasenso mga automotive repair shops.

Meron nga mechaniko sa youtube na expert sa Ford cars that the Ford Ecosport daw was the reason na na well-known siya na mekaniko.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Not even considering Chinese brand vehicle. Dami naman alternative and the prices are close to each other din naman.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Parang mag make sense yung na blackmarket ah.
    Sa mga cars na ito na maraming issues usually umaasenso mga automotive repair shops.

Meron nga mechaniko sa youtube na expert sa Ford cars that the Ford Ecosport daw was the reason na na well-known siya na mekaniko.
    it always makes sense to have blackmarket sources, at exploited price even,
    when the official sources may not provide the service.

'tis the law of nature: supply and demand.
    i remember decades ago,
    a ball joint of my orphan car costs 1 to 2 thousing bucks, if i can find one.
    in contrast, the toyota ball joint costs only 200 bucks OEM, easily available at every other auto parts store.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 21st, 2024 at 07:30 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast