New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Just do the smart thing... do a fuel pump kill switch and locate it somewhere where people won't think of looking. ;)

They'll be able to start the car, but they won't get very far.
    What do you mean here?

Btw, have a Secured and high quality Car Alarm, mas okay yata ung pag ni-alarm mo tpos pinipilit buksan ng carnapper, ung may lalabas na apoy from below, toasting those thieves.. hehe kung meron lng eh, hahaha....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The fuel pump is electrically powered.

Ghosthunter opined that a cheap car security solution would be a fuel pump kill switch, with a a switch bought at a hardware store installed in the electrical wiring going to the pump.

Hide it somewhere reachable but hidden in the cabin.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The fuel pump is electrically powered.

Ghosthunter opined that a cheap car security solution would be a fuel pump kill switch, with a a switch bought at a hardware store installed in the electrical wiring going to the pump.

Hide it somewhere reachable but hidden in the cabin.
    Low profile but effective. Effectivity is gaano ka low profile/tago pero accessible ang switch. Ibang car immobilizers ay ito ang gamit na paraan.

I am considering to buy a steering wheel lock, pero di ako bilib sa effectivity ng mga ito. One na way para ma defeat ang lock na ito ay lagariin ang manibela. Kahit gaano katibay ang bakal ng steering wheel lock, mahina lang ang bakal sa manibela (in comparison).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am considering to buy a steering wheel lock, pero di ako bilib sa effectivity ng mga ito.
    They're not foolproof. But if you're parked next to a similar car not equipped with one, why would the thief even bother to take the extra time with yours? Steering wheel locks have a ballpark cost of Php500.00 and takes only a few seconds to install/remove.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I use the one which crosses the steering wheel....

at least Nicolas Cage won't be able to do his thing to my car.... he he he!

pero...deterrent lang nga talaga sila....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by normanenoza View Post
    mas maganda siguro ang lock na para sa brake pedal.matagal nako naghahanap nito pero wala ako makita.puro combination nakikita ko.tanda ko may ganito na dati sa mga home shopping tv, kaya lang wala na ngayun.combination na lang binili ko.
    It was called "The Outlaw." Sayang nga, hindi na sya available sa Home Shopping Network ngayon. Nakakabit sa brake pedal lang, kaya hindi mo pwede tapakan ang brake. I was sold on the idea. Matibay yung bakal, and the only way to get it off is to saw through the brake pedal itself. So dapat may dalang spare brake pedal yung car thief

I also use a steering wheel lock (Solex), in combination with my Clifford alarm. May starter kill, kaya in case na nag-trip yung alarm, hindi mo pwede i-start yung sasakyan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    deterrent lang talaga. pero kung sa mga magnanakaw, ang uunahin nila eh yung walang sagabal.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    It is effective as a deterrence....

I use it in tandem with my car alarm...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    They're not foolproof. But if you're parked next to a similar car not equipped with one, why would the thief even bother to take the extra time with yours? Steering wheel locks have a ballpark cost of Php500.00 and takes only a few seconds to install/remove.
    I agree na deterrent ang mga ito. Pahihirapan muna bago makuha ang tsikot natin.

Iyong iba nga na walang alarm, naglalagay ng blinking LED para as if may alam siya. An example of a cheap deterrent.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i guess mainam na deterent iyan... kung talaga paginitan kotse mo eh kahit ano klaseng lock gagamitin mo, mananakaw rin iyan...

alam mo naman maabilidad tayo mga Pinoy...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Steering Wheel Lock - effective ba talaga?