New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi,

is it worth voiding electrical warranty to install backing sensors and camera? my car is 2009 innova.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by desertfox615 View Post
    Hi,

is it worth voiding electrical warranty to install backing sensors and camera? my car is 2009 innova.
    Why don't you have it installed in the Casa so as not to void the warranty?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi sir,

Casa is too pricey. back sensor alone costs 5,900.00 without backing camera.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hello kuya....bunso here.

make a deal sa casa bro, sa labas ka bumili then yung service charge nila,dagdagan mo.....pang merienda....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've never had an electrical problem on a brand new Toyota that needed warranty work before. So I guess if that was my rig, I'd void the warranty in exchange for peace of mind (and safety) when backing up.

Beyond Horizon (Araneta Ave. near Quezon Avenue) has a very good camera (very small) priced at Php2,500 (you find the monitor). I am not affiliated with that shop. I just saw the work they did on my dad's car. I'm not really fond of those cameras that bore into the bumper because the camera has no depth perception and you need a reference point (e.g. your bumper edge) for it to be effective. Not also fond of those cameras that bolt up to the license plate. Looks too aftermarket for me. The camera BH put was a small one that bolts upside down under the license plate garnish and looks down onto the bumper.

sorry for the long post.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    had one installed by Jameson... backing sensor lang.. to help aid me during back up on a pitch black night and rainy days when.. visibility is compromise...ayaw ko din ng camera baka kung ano makita ko dun hehe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    thanks po everyone for responding. special thanks to sir otep for the lengthy but experienced reply. am still torn on what to do. my rig is two years old na and parang hit or miss talaga backing at night especially if its pitch black.

all i have is the one that you stick to your rearview mirror that's sold in concorde. works well in daylight but come night time..hmm...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can have both backing sensor (with numeric display of distance) plus camera with night vision.

The problem is the camera does not give you depth perception. SO it is only good to showing you what is behind your vehicle, like if there is something there that you may run over or hit with your bumper. But it cannot tell you have far it is.

Backing sensors gives you a general idea how far the bumper is to the obstacle behind you (wall, another car, person, etc). I prefer sensor kits with number displays so you have an idea how far you are than just those kits with just sound.

A combination of both is nice if you have the budget. The backing sensor gives you the distance while the camera gives you a visual display directly behind you.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I've never had an electrical problem on a brand new Toyota that needed warranty work before. So I guess if that was my rig, I'd void the warranty in exchange for peace of mind (and safety) when backing up.

Beyond Horizon (Araneta Ave. near Quezon Avenue) has a very good camera (very small) priced at Php2,500 (you find the monitor). I am not affiliated with that shop. I just saw the work they did on my dad's car. I'm not really fond of those cameras that bore into the bumper because the camera has no depth perception and you need a reference point (e.g. your bumper edge) for it to be effective. Not also fond of those cameras that bolt up to the license plate. Looks too aftermarket for me. The camera BH put was a small one that bolts upside down under the license plate garnish and looks down onto the bumper.

sorry for the long post.

sir otep, how about the rearview mirror/monitor? do you have any idea where i could find those?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sir try nyo sa sulit.com at hanapin nyo yong parkingdynamics PD1 back up sensor at ang nagbebenta ay si matt yata yon. Good thing is no hole drilling at more accurate than ultrasonic sensor even with four eye. Here's the website sir www.parkingdynamics.co.uk

HTH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Backing Sensor and Camera