New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Hi po paano ko po malalaman kung kakasya ang lights na bibilin ko sa kotse ko? Anong specs po ang hahanapin?
    Kunwari po gusto ko mag upgrade to LED.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by danegoesonline View Post
    Hi po paano ko po malalaman kung kakasya ang lights na bibilin ko sa kotse ko? Anong specs po ang hahanapin?
    Check you car’s manual for the bulb specification chart. Silipin mo rin kung may metal clip yung headlight assembly. Yung sa akin wala kaya kailangan ko bumil ng plastic na adapter to hold the LED bulb in place.

Recommended ko Philips na LED. Plug and play lang. Ok sa reflector housing.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the owner's manual usually lists down the various light bulbs of the car, indicating the wattage and the base type.
    sticking by them ensures correct fit.
    sometimes, one is tempted to get the higher wattage but still same bulb base. this might result in
    1. overheating and melting; and
    2. non-fit because the bulb is too big.

converting from incandesdent to plug-n-play led, might result in "complications", e.g., glare. google them, po.

good luck.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Tangalin mo yung bumbilya sa socket para may sample ka

Nakaprint din sa bumbilya yung voltage at wattage

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    The better known bulb brands like Philips, Osram, Sylvania have lamp finder sites. Just make sure your make & model year share the same headlamps as the reference model in those tables. A bud found out that PhDM Fiestas share headlamps w/ EuDM models, not USDM.
    | SYLVANIA Automotive
    Narva | Globe Application Guide

I've had a few cracks at PlugNPlay LED replacements. Have yet to have luck come my way on longevity & reliability. Note that some units would require not just the LEDs but CANbus Cancellers, too.
    CANbus Control Units Explained | PowerBulbs

I'm now back to OE,. You can opt for brighter halogens like the Philips XtremeVision.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    The better known bulb brands like Philips, Osram, Sylvania have lamp finder sites. Just make sure your make & model year share the same headlamps as the reference model in those tables. A bud found out that PhDM Fiestas share headlamps w/ EuDM models, not USDM.
    | SYLVANIA Automotive

I've had a few cracks at PlugNPlay LED replacements. Have yet to have luck come my way on longevity & reliability. Note that some units would require not just the LEDs but CANbus Cancellers, too.

I'm now back to OE,. You can opt for brighter halogens like the Philips XtremeVision.

Ano gamit mo na LED bro?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Ano gamit mo na LED bro?
    Yet to try Philips LEDs. They should be better than those I've had. The last 1 before I swapped back to halogens was this brand...
    [Product Review] Simdevanma H11/H9/H8 LED Headlight Bulbs Kit - YouTube

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    | SYLVANIA Automotive

you've "been there.. done that".
    so, why did you go back to OE ?
    Last edited by dr. d; September 6th, 2019 at 09:12 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you've "been there.. done that".
    so, why did you go back to OE ?
    With LEDs, keep the stock ones in the trunk. Some can intermittently, unpredictably flicker, go off & turn back on again....even w/ CANbus Cancellers. A bud who electro-tinkers shared the same. It may not be the same for all brands. For predictability & reliabilty, go simple chip-free halogens. The brighter ones have lesser burn hours, but at least you'll know when they'd go.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    With LEDs, keep the stock ones in the trunk. Some can intermittently, unpredictably flicker, go off & turn back on again....even w/ CANbus Cancellers. A bud who electro-tinkers shared the same. It may not be the same for all brands. For predictability & reliabilty, go simple chip-free halogens. The brighter ones have lesser burn hours, but at least you'll know when they'd go.

one of my park lights is OE incandescent. the other is LED.
    eminently logical... once you hear the background story.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast