New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    then let me ask every one here who said safety is a must, how many of you have a first aid kit or emergency kit in your car? which you'll have a bigger chance of using than a fire extinguisher. if you have a first aid kit, emergency kit and fire extinguisher then good job. but for those of you who wanted to buy a fire extinguisher for your so called "safety" and never considered buying a first aid kit and emergency kit first then your just making a pathetic excuse so you can rice out your car might as well put a roll cage and a 5 point harness seat belt even if you don't race for your "safety". i bet you planned to mount that fire extinguisher on the passenger side so that every one could see it. how many cars on fire have you actually seen? my whole life i've seen 2 cars on fire, one was a heavily modded car going as fast as he can on a twisty road and he was never able to use his fire extinguisher and the other on a car crash which i didn't know what caused it. my advice, before you even consider buying a fire extinguisher for your stock/lightly modded car get a first aid kit first then an emergency kit which like i said you'll have a bigger chance of using, the least of your concerns should be your car lighting up.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009

My cars and ute have tools, first aid kit,flashlight, and fire extinguisher.
    I dont consider it as exaggerated. To my standards, safety and preparedness is a must.

ol same sayings
    - to each his own
    - better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

tama ba?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Buhayin ko lang tong thread na to.

Meron ba sa inyo ang may fire extinguisher sa kotse?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Roden Villegas View Post
    Buhayin ko lang tong thread na to.

Meron ba sa inyo ang may fire extinguisher sa kotse?
    meron. if your car(worth 6-7figures)suddenly ignites, how do you take the fire out?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    meron. if your car(worth 6-7figures)suddenly ignites, how do you take the fire out?

Sorry kulang pala yung reply ko.

Kung meron, anong brand? Pwede ba yung maliliit lang?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Imho 5 lbs for small cars, 10 lbs for bigger cars. For gas cars better yung Halotron/CO2/AFFF type, I've seen a dry type extinguisher make a huge fireball from a small gasoline fire. Might have been something wrong with it but I'm not gonna risk it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012

mine is free from hyundai.

meron ako nakita sa ace or blade.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Was thinking about this recently. I thought Nagloko electricals ko just before the new year rolled in. Grabe pala, talagang kakabahan ka. I literally almost crapped my pants 💩

Di ba green iyong pang electrical fire?

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Was thinking about this recently. I thought Nagloko electricals ko just before the new year rolled in. Grabe pala, talagang kakabahan ka. I literally almost crapped my pants 💩

Di ba green iyong pang electrical fire?

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you
    Yup green yung HCFC123 bro. Super mahal lang ng refill. The only other one without residue is CO2. Cheaper but I haven't seen any smaller than 10 lbs.

AFFF can also be used but from at least 1m away.

Aside from fire extinguisher I also have a seatbelt cutter and window breaker. For worst case scenarios.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    This is covered by insurance, in case its far too dangerous to put out the fire?

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Fire Extinguisher for Car: what brand and type would you recommend?