New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    I was looking at the POWERTEC PKE but i'm not sure where I can find this system and for how much with installation?
    Someone please recommend. Or if there is already a better system on the market please inform. Thank you

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    in-depth research for a truly secure one is necessary. read about encrypted rfid hackers first to find a Truly secure system.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by indiej View Post
    in-depth research for a truly secure one is necessary. read about encrypted rfid hackers first to find a Truly secure system.
    So really nothing RF is safe then? WHat do you or would you us? Please advise thank you

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by way2hota View Post
    So really nothing RF is safe then? WHat do you or would you us? Please advise thank you
    you also didn't find a reliable RF?

they're doing something about it. for now they're unsafe because as you might have read, the makers have been pronouncing them safe but a hacker can break the encryption in minutes.

i don't fully understand the system. i use RF. just layer the security and use an anti-RF bag for pocketing keys/cards. raise the level of difficulty. i surrender that they can open the car, but they have to tow it or get to the immobilizer to take it away.