New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Ano difference ng bagong mga battery sa mga new tsikot ung maliliit compared sa mga lumang mga battery? Mas maliit ba capacity nun with same 12volts? Or mas maganda na ung components kaya same or more power? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app
    Beep Beep! School Bus! Beep Beep! School Bus!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i am not sure what this "new battery" is.. but i do know that because of advances in alternator technology, cars now need smaller batteries than, say, 20 years ago.
    when i replace my old battery, i look for the smallest battery i can find. it works fine.
    for example, 1smf in lieu of factory 2smf..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Baka tinutukoy mo sir jc ung mga maintenanace free battery ngayon kumpara sa truck battery na nilalagyan pa ng solution?

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    "New battery" means ung mga stock na nakalagay sa mga new cars na maliliit as compared to the battery size 20 years ago for the same displacement

So the battery has no technology improvement just the alternators? Tama ba? Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I can't believe an admin of Tsikot is posting these questions! Joke lang JC.. will post tomorrow paggising ko.. pa spam lang muna hahaha

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JC-Tsikot View Post
    "New battery" means ung mga stock na nakalagay sa mga new cars na maliliit as compared to the battery size 20 years ago for the same displacement

So the battery has no technology improvement just the alternators? Tama ba? Thanks!

Parang cellphone lang yan sir jc dati malalaki cp ngayon maliliit na. Not so much difference in the battery technology prolly just higher RC.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Baka tinutukoy mo sir jc ung mga maintenanace free battery ngayon kumpara sa truck battery na nilalagyan pa ng solution?

i love the maintenance-free batteries! truly.
    hassle yung mga lumang bateryang dapat i-top-up from time to time.. at kinakalawang pa yung metal ng hood sa taas niya..
    the battery ads mention new plate technology ek ek... but i do not really feel the difference in battery longevity.
    i think the auto electronics is the key.. consistent battery charging even at low rpm without overcharging, and one-click start of the efi engines..
    Last edited by dr. d; December 25th, 2013 at 10:54 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I can't believe an admin of Tsikot is posting these questions! Joke lang JC.. will post tomorrow paggising ko.. pa spam lang muna hahaha
    Why? Mortal din ako kagaya ng lahat.. hahaha! hindi ba mas nakakapag taka kung isang bagay hindi mo alam tapos magpapangap kang alam mo? Kaya nga nandito tsikot.com

Sige hintay ko reply mo sa battery.. thanks!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Retz and dr.. un nga! Parang wala naman din nagbago sa battery life ng new battery compared to the old ones.. so advantage lang mas maliit sha.. same power smaller size kung baga.. thanks! 😀

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JC-Tsikot View Post
    Ano difference ng bagong mga battery sa mga new tsikot ung maliliit compared sa mga lumang mga battery? Mas maliit ba capacity nun with same 12volts? Or mas maganda na ung components kaya same or more power? Thanks!

Uhh... since probably di ko naabutan yun "lumang" battery I dunno what that is. But battery sizes are pretty standard naman -- 1smf, 2smf, etc.

Same lang voltage nun. Voltage depends on how the wires are connected to each other. Most trucks operate on a 24V is because they have two 12V batteries wired in series.

In terms of battery technology, wala naman masyado progress. We're still using the ol' lead-acid type of batteries. Most of them nowadays are maintenance-free because people like your mom wouldn't like the idea of using distilled water as top-ups. The difference is that most maintenance-free batteries are.. well.. low-maintenance is because their rate of water loss on electrolysis is low compared to before where you need to "top-up". Some people use gel AGM type of batteries especially on more expensive cars and particularly in car audio applications where the battery is constantly being drained and recharged. These are safer because they aren't liquid by nature so you can easily put one inside your cabin without much problem. Pricey though.

Lithium-ion batteries are very nice but haven't gone down in cost. Isipin mo naman cellphone battery mo na lithium-ion..how much is the cost? Then ask yourself how much will it cost if you have a jumbo-sized-1smf one.. damn expensive right? At the forefront of lithium ion batteries is probably Tesla Motors. When I was trying to analyze the automotive company way before.. I came to understand that their cost of production is immensely low compared to.. let's say a Chevy Volt and I believe this is one of their best competitive advantages.

In terms of capacity, wala naman masyado nagbago. The premise is still pretty much the same: the bigger you go, the better your capacity is.

Oi JC kailan mapopost picture mo dito? saan na yun Piolo look? :naughty2:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
New and old battery any difference?