New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yesterday I bought at True Value a Rear Window Lens. According to its package, using the same will enhance safety since you will "see everything behind you car" and that it can be use for paking safely your car. I then installed it as instructed in the package, but to my dismay, I can only view the rear part around 2 meters away. In other words, walang kwenta itong Rear Window Lens or mali ang installation ko. Has anyone tried this product?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    On what vehicle did you place the lens? This is most beneficial for SUVs.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    maganda sir, kuhanan mo nang picture nang makita namin kung papaano mo kinabit..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    baka mali pag install sir?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    On what vehicle did you place the lens? This is most beneficial for SUVs.
    My car is a Toyota Innova G. I wanted to post the image but I dont know how. Indeed when I took my tsikot this morning to the city, I noticed that I can see whats behind my car about 3-5 meters away but 2 meters and less, I can't see any more.

This is practically inconsistent with the claims in the package which states:''Using the Safety-Park: As you reverse using the safety park, you will initially see the whole vehicle behild, then the number plate and above, then the headlights and grille, until only the top of the edge of the bonnet is visible, At this stage you stop."

I better rely on my back-up sensor than this device.

What about those who are using this rear window lens, do they find this helpful during parking?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    baka masyadong naka tingala yung pagkakabit nyo sir.. upload nyo sa photobucket yung picture then post the link here.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    ayus naman eto ah. pano mo ba ininstall?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use one in my sta fe, ok naman i can see as close to 1/2 meter from the rear bumper. it depends where you place it and the angle. pero yung sa akin kasi is the type that is hung on the rear windshield using a suction cup, so the angle is almost vertical. baka naman yung nabili mo yung dinidikit sa glass, then the angle will be the same as the glass. yung type na ganun e para sa vans lang where the rear glass is almost vertical.

Anyone tried Rear Window Lens?