New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I saw this ad re Garmin Nuvi GPS. Anyone tried it? Also I think the price is reasonable at P7999 for an updated map. I heard that Free Maps are not updated and may cause trouble in navigation. Please advise. Thanks.

http://tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=6298027

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vubando View Post
    I saw this ad re Garmin Nuvi GPS. Anyone tried it? Also I think the price is reasonable at P7999 for an updated map. I heard that Free Maps are not updated and may cause trouble in navigation. Please advise. Thanks.

http://tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=6298027
    The guy did not say it's an updated map. I'm sure it's loaded with the same free map from roadguide.ph or from OSM.

That is quite an old entry model from Garmin, but it will still satisfy your navigation needs if you're on a budget.

What's updated though is the Garmin sofware which means he already opened the box and connected the GPS to a PC.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    There's a good seller of Garmin in the south area..Autobisyo! Check it out

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    The guy said the map is updated, Apr 2010 version, and not the Free map. He said the updated map is far better than the Free map (which according to him doesn't even include the elevated u-turn in c-5 and the c-5 extension). He also said higher models have features which are not applicable here like Traffic monitor and Lane Assist (i don't know what are these)

Anyway, i'll think about it yet.

Thanks for the advise.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Guy View Post
    There's a good seller of Garmin in the south area..Autobisyo! Check it out
    Bro, tinignan ko website nila pero medyo mahal mga gps nila. Yung Garmin Nuvi 205w dito sa seller ng tipidpc P7999 pero yung sa autobisyo P9200 :thumbdown:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    just this week na experience ko na ang bagal mag calculate going the my destination yung Nuvi 285 namin. mga around 30mins na nasa 40% to 60% parin yung pag calculate nya. has anyone experience this sa Nuvi GPS? we're just using the internal memory kasi ng Nuvi. is it possible kaya dahil puno na yung memory nya kaya ang bagal mag calculate?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    just this week na experience ko na ang bagal mag calculate going the my destination yung Nuvi 285 namin. mga around 30mins na nasa 40% to 60% parin yung pag calculate nya. has anyone experience this sa Nuvi GPS? we're just using the internal memory kasi ng Nuvi. is it possible kaya dahil puno na yung memory nya kaya ang bagal mag calculate?
    Bro, i suggest you update the Garmin software via Garmin Webupdater, the latest version is 6.60. You can verify your software version in Tools-Settings-About.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bro, i suggest you update the Garmin software via Garmin Webupdater, the latest version is 6.60. You can verify your software version in Tools-Settings-About.
    thanks for the info, sir.
    i'll check my software if it's the latest version.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Bro, tinignan ko website nila pero medyo mahal mga gps nila. Yung Garmin Nuvi 205w dito sa seller ng tipidpc P7999 pero yung sa autobisyo P9200 :thumbdown:
    sorry OT alert

I respect your opinion (im a bargain hunter myself) but we have to consider that a shop will offer items which will definitely cost more than freelance sellers because shops have rent and employees to pay.

for a busy individual, it's more convenient to go to a shop and buy an item on the spot rather than contacting an online seller, meeting the seller or making a bank deposit.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Sir, check lang sa ebay, mine was brought for only 6500.00( garmin 205W) loaded with free map from roadguide.ph then I replaced it with the April 2010 updated map, So far accurate naman up to here in Bicol, unlike the free map, lumabas ka lang sa SLEX or NLEX wala na.

In fairness sa Autobisyo, they sell quality products.. kasi yun April 2010 updated map eh may premium price yun.

Dito sa atin sa Pinas, we dont need those higher model, All the extra features are useless here. (traffic advisories, traffic flows, weather forecast,etc..)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast