New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by notEworthy27
    hindi ba mabagal dito sa aten ang GPS?
    hmmmm...what do you mean? ung GPS kc is actually a "free" technology. Kumbaga parang its open for all, you will just have to invest on the hardware (mitac) and the service (software provided by developer)

as for if matagal ba? depends sa hardware and software mo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    gadgeteer,

how's your PDA/GPS doing.
    I'm planning to buy one when i get home. Meron din sana dito nyan sa Bern Switzerland pero syempre german ang salita and besides europe din and subscription for a year di ko rin magagamit sa atin, pero ang mura pa nanam sana eh.
    So my other question is updated na ba ang maps nila nationwide or still metro manila pa lang din? what if i want to go on holiday out of town maybe like baguio?
    Last edited by Tokong67; June 6th, 2005 at 06:18 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gps for MM? malabo yata, hindi fixed ang traffic flow...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I have personally used a PDA-GPS before but the screen is too small for you to be able to use while driving. Also, the screen is wash-out when driving at daytime (my cars are untinted so with the sun out, its hard to see a thing).

Otherwise, with a good charging system and a 512MB card with all the maps you need, its a pretty slick gadget for as long you have someone to navigate while you drive..and your navigator CAN READ MAPS ;)

edit: BTW, GPS/PDAs came out more than a year or couple of years ago.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Most PDA-GPS nowadays also have speakers for voice guidance so you dont have to look at the screen while driving. There are also anti-glare screen protectors you can buy out there which can help you with screen visibility just in case you want to sneak a peak on your status.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    It doesn't matter - the screen is still very small. I have tried it and i would keep it if it was effective. a 3.5" diagonal is hard to see specially if you are running at freeway speed.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Personally i find the PDA screen big enough, ... well compared to my SE P910i.
    I installed SmartMap for GPS on both unit and I am having trouble with the P910i's smaller screen. BTW i have map of the whole Phil. the only problem is havent tried it yet at home, but I will be coming home next month so then I will know if this works there in Pinas.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ser can you share it with me how you did it with your p910i? hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Sure odell,

First thing you need is yung cradle mo ng P910i, without that hindi mo ma install yung smart map.
    then you can buy the software either in www.handango.com or this website:
    http://www.vitotechnology.com/en/products/smartmap.html
    dito ka rin bibili ng map of philippines for just 5 dollars.
    If I remember correctly pwede mong i download this software as trial lang muna then if u like it pwede mong bilhin ang license nya for 29.00 USD.
    but keep in mind, kailangan mo pa rin ng bluetooh gps receiver to make this work.otherwise its useless

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ahh.. may pirated na kaya niyan dito?hehehe.. ok ba? i mean accurate ba siya?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
1st PDA with built-in GPS for cars