New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Hello gadgeteer, It seems you really did your homework when it comes to gps gadgets. I was just wondering if you have encountered the Palm Zire 72 with gps Nav Pack and if you would recommend it. Im planning to buy 1 kasi, So far wala pa kong nakikitang reviews nito except for 1.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by voltes_V
    Hello gadgeteer, It seems you really did your homework when it comes to gps gadgets. I was just wondering if you have encountered the Palm Zire 72 with gps Nav Pack and if you would recommend it. Im planning to buy 1 kasi, So far wala pa kong nakikitang reviews nito except for 1.
    hmm...i havent seen this. but as what i know, u will have to need a separate GSP module, i think eto na ung NAV Pac. The badside of this is you still have to have the Nav pac para gumana ung GPS nya. Bale hassle kc for me. I want a gadget that has all the features in 1 hardware. I dont wanna spend my time pluggin and keepin track of all the wires. Ang dumi and kalat sa car.

Yung sa Mitac kc its already built-in. Bale the GPS receiver is attached. All u gotta do is flip it. No hassle kumbaga. No added hardware to install or plug-ins.

Plus Palm Zire is running on PALM OS. Ung Mitac naman is WINDOWS-based na. so full color ung view mo. 650K colors and very nice interface. and the great thing abt the mitac is its so easy to use - synchronization features nya. Just plug it into ur PC/Mac, voila!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    after the 1st year what happens next?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _gadgeteer_
    hmm...i havent seen this. but as what i know, u will have to need a separate GSP module, i think eto na ung NAV Pac. The badside of this is you still have to have the Nav pac para gumana ung GPS nya. Bale hassle kc for me. I want a gadget that has all the features in 1 hardware. I dont wanna spend my time pluggin and keepin track of all the wires. Ang dumi and kalat sa car.
    I see. Well the good thing about the zire 72 with nav pak is that the gps receiver communicates with the pda via bluetooth wireless interface so walang mga wires between the 2 except for the car charger.Ipapatong lang ang receiver sa dash. Buti pa yung mitac talagang pinagsama. Its a good thing I havent bought it yet or else baka nagsisi na ako if I learned about this thread after. That mitac is pretty impressive. Battery life alone is unbelievable, 15 hours....whoa!!!. BTW do you know kung pwede yung home charger sa 110V or pang 220 lang talaga ito? Thanks for the info dude.
    Last edited by voltes_V; March 8th, 2005 at 11:12 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I see. Well the good thing about the zire 72 with nav pak is that the gps receiver communicates with the pda via bluetooth wireless interface so walang mga wires between the 2 except for the car charger.Ipapatong lang ang receiver sa dash. Buti pa yung mitac talagang pinagsama. Its a good thing I havent bought it yet or else baka nagsisi na ako if I learned about this thread after. That mitac is pretty impressive. Battery life alone is unbelievable, 15 hours....whoa!!!. BTW do you know kung pwede yung home charger sa 110V or pang 220 lang talaga ito? Thanks for the info dude.
    heheheh. actually if you want the bluetooth function you can buy a bluetooth SD card, meron namang SD slot ung Mitac. as for the voltage, its AUTOVOLT - meaning pwede 110V or 220.

and btw, m a dudette, dude!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    check out these thumbnails for mitac's software...the software is locally developed by the same developers of the smart tracker in cellfones. cool ha!

metro manila manila

provincial map as well
    Last edited by _gadgeteer_; March 9th, 2005 at 12:33 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005

point of interest - church, schools, gas station, hospitals, with main roads, side streets

with mapping features - blue spot refers to your location -real-time!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _gadgeteer_
    heheheh. actually if you want the bluetooth function you can buy a bluetooth SD card, meron namang SD slot ung Mitac. as for the voltage, its AUTOVOLT - meaning pwede 110V or 220.

and btw, m a dudette, dude!
    Ay sorry po mam. A thousand pardons. Whoa!!!Dudette pala kayo. Now im really impressed. Autovolt pa ha. and considering the price I think this is really a steal .
    Have you encountered any problems yet with your pda/gps?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Ay sorry po mam. A thousand pardons. Whoa!!!Dudette pala kayo. Now im really impressed. Autovolt pa ha. and considering the price I think this is really a steal .
    Have you encountered any problems yet with your pda/gps?
    no problem!

well as for the problems with the hardware, WALA. nice hardware.easy to use and light-weight.

with the software naman, it needs a little push (well 1st time kc ng Phils. sa GPS technology) pero the mitac distributor told me that they are still in the process of updating the software for added features like waypoints, mapping, and soon cguro tracking. To bad sa mga naglolokong mga asawa, their wives can track them down eventually har har :wink wink: pero beneficial toh lets say na-carnap ka. U can easily track the carnapper. Aint that be great?

Plus, ung GPS technology tlga has limitations. 1st developed by the military then later was opened for consumers, sinadya tlaga nilang may flaws ung GPS para iwas sa mga terrorist attacks and assassinations na rin. Its such a powerful technology kc IMagine that!

pero for now, OK naman performance. HWM has rated this device 8.0 considering na new technology for us. Plus the software is real-time pa rin naman. So to speak, its still a working useful unit.

- dami ko cnabi harhar!
    Last edited by _gadgeteer_; March 10th, 2005 at 12:33 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hindi ba mabagal dito sa aten ang GPS?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
1st PDA with built-in GPS for cars