New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    [SIZE=5]Hey guys! Now available!!! PDA with built-in GPS for your cars [/SIZE]

Wanna know more? Visit www.quadtron.com.ph for specifications.....

this PDA is awesome!!

Running in Windows mobile 2003, with built-in GPS receiver and pre-installed GPS software complete with vivid maps of the whole Metro Manila and soon Provincial areas!!

Check it out!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Gusto ko pati current traffic conditions, accidents, tsaka local weather. Hehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Gusto ko pati current traffic conditions, accidents, tsaka local weather. Hehe
    punta ka taiwan may ganun dun :P harhar!

pero seriously, GPS doesn't include such features. We are still developing the so called way-point system and some other cool features.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Well I was commenting on the PDA...

So are you selling this item? This thread might be construed as an ad. But I'm no mod. I leave that up to them.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Well I was commenting on the PDA...

So are you selling this item? This thread might be construed as an ad. But I'm no mod. I leave that up to them.
    Thanks for the reminder....but I'm not personally selling the PDA. I have one kc. just sharing...

thanks for posting though

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much did you buy your unit?

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    [SIZE=2]My main problem with GPS on PDA's is the refreshing speed of pages. This could be explained with the slow processor speed limitation available to PDA's today. With my GPS Receiver, even with the laptop I'm using with 3.0 Ghz processor speed, there is still a lag when refreshing the page.
    Just imagine how slow it is if you have this GPS on your PDA with 500 mhz processor speed. But I don't discount the claim of what this PDA can do until I've actually seen and tested the new gadget. It might actually be fast since the GPS is integrated to the PDA..

My second issue would be the PDA's battery life when using this with the GPS. I'm sure this will eat up the battery life so rapidly...
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; March 4th, 2005 at 07:34 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My second issue would be the PDA's battery life when using this with the GPS. I'm sure this will eat up the battery life so rapidly...
    well, there is the car charger accessory to keep the battery charged.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    well, there is the car charger accessory to keep the battery charged.
    With all due respect ghosthunter, charging is not even the issue. The issue is how RAPIDLY this could drain the battery and if they even have addressed this issue by having a new battery technology to prolong battery life...

Of course I could always recharge, but don't you think it defeats the purpose of the PDA being a handheld device? I'm sure you have a PDA that you want to last the whole day, don't you? And I'm sure you know how annoying it is to find out that you have unknowingly discharged your battery in the middle of a meeting when you need your PDA for presentation.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The Mitac MIO 168 received an average rating of 7.7 from tech firms that review these types of gadgets. Average user rating is 7.5. Overall rating (poor, ok, good, better, best) is at good. It has an excellent maping software and uses MMC/SD cards, not the expensive Sony MS. Common problem of users is that the device has difficulty acquiring signals from cities and there is no synchronization cable. Overall bang for the buck rating? 7.6

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
1st PDA with built-in GPS for cars