New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    There are other PPC-PDA units with GPS e.g. HP HW600M, NavMan AA005602, Garmin iQue 3600. There's a car adaptor called Holux where you just pop-in your HP iPAQ or Dell PDAs with th GPS software. It is a GPS receiver with built-in spekers. If I am not mistaken, it sort of looks like a cell phone cradle that has a "snake" arm like the universal CD mount.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    how much did you buy your unit?
    its P26,500. available in A-TOY body kits.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdoc95
    [SIZE=2]My main problem with GPS on PDA's is the refreshing speed of pages. This could be explained with the slow processor speed limitation available to PDA's today. With my GPS Receiver, even with the laptop I'm using with 3.0 Ghz processor speed, there is still a lag when refreshing the page.

Just imagine how slow it is if you have this GPS on your PDA with 500 mhz processor speed. But I don't discount the claim of what this PDA can do until I've actually seen and tested the new gadget. It might actually be fast since the GPS is integrated to the PDA..

My second issue would be the PDA's battery life when using this with the GPS. I'm sure this will eat up the battery life so rapidly...
    [/SIZE]
    --- Hi cyberdoc! Do you have a GPS PDA?
    Actually the refreshing of pages are under the software installed in it. It depends on the kind of software really not on the hardware itself. As for my unit, I havent encountered lags in terms of navigating. The screen flashes are actually real-time and mabilis ung mapping nya. The PDA is actually 300MHz, and its INTEL XSCALE pa.

--- The Mitac 168 has 15 hours of battery life. It can last 21 days when idle. I'm thinking this is fairly enough as you wont be using your PDA the whole day naman. As to the PDA functions, i think you'll also not be online or connected 24/7 ryt? If you still feel kulang pa, there's a charger.
    thanks!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    There are other PPC-PDA units with GPS e.g. HP HW600M, NavMan AA005602, Garmin iQue 3600. There's a car adaptor called Holux where you just pop-in your HP iPAQ or Dell PDAs with th GPS software. It is a GPS receiver with built-in spekers. If I am not mistaken, it sort of looks like a cell phone cradle that has a "snake" arm like the universal CD mount.
    --- The mitac 168 has its own charger and sunctioned cradle included in the box. There are really many PPC-PDAs with GPS but i think they dont have built-in GPS receivers and also the software. The Holux is well really just an adaptor. It's still a separate device for your PDA's GPS to function.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yung GPS service yun right? how much na ba ang rates ng GPS?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    just pm me if interested. im selling it at a cheaper rate :D

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The 3D GPS navigation unit installed.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by notEworthy27
    yung GPS service yun right? how much na ba ang rates ng GPS?
    yup! If you buy from A-TOY it has pre-installed GPS software with FREE 1-yr GPS service from FINDME - that's the software developer.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by odell
    just pm me if interested. im selling it at a cheaper rate :D
    nyahahah! how much? TRADE tau! :P

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005

check it out!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
1st PDA with built-in GPS for cars