New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gutz_3110 View Post
    boss OT lang,

i'll be changing HL soon and considering to change bulbs as well (considering osram all-weather). do i need to upgrade anything if i change from 60/55 to 100/90?
    Use OSRAM Fog Breaker. Color is 2600K. Brighter than All-weather while maintaining 55/60w power.

2. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    Use OSRAM Fog Breaker. Color is 2600K. Brighter than All-weather while maintaining 55/60w power.
    thanks confused shoes. ayos 55/60, no need to modify stock set up. i'll be checking those as well.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    boss OT lang,

i'll be changing HL soon and considering to change bulbs as well (considering osram all-weather). do i need to upgrade anything if i change from 60/55 to 100/90?
    just make sure you replace your current plugs to ceramic. add relay on each headlight. it won't cost you much.
    btw, i recently replace my headlight bulb to bosch all weather 100/90w. i posted the details here fyi.

4. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    just make sure you replace your current plugs to ceramic. add relay on each headlight. it won't cost you much.
    btw, i recently replace my headlight bulb to bosch all weather 100/90w. i posted the details here fyi.
    thanks, trucker111. you've been very helpful. btw, few more questions if i do upgrade to a higher wattage.
    1. is the bosch/osram all weather/season too yellowish for low beam?
    2. sabi ng talyer na pinapagawaan ko, maintain 60/55w na lang kasi pag nag upgrade to 100/90w, mabilis na lalabo yun headlights. i'm changing headlights (assembly) soon.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    A majority of todays headlight assemblies in most cars are made of plastic. As we all know, high temperatures and plastics do not go well after a certain period of time. This is why when I changed my bulbs, I chose to stick with the stock wattage.

I'm using stock Bosch All Weather's in my cars, (60/55) Php 499 in most ACE Hardware stores. To describe its "yellowness". The light throw has a tinge of yellow only. You will get to notice that when you're driving behind a white car at night. Low or high beams produce the same color of light. Compared to my stock Flosser and Narva lamps, I could safely say that they produce around 20% more light, maybe because they're new? I dunno.

I got all weather's because I always go up Tagaytay, and an occasional Baguio/La Trinidad trip.

Here's a good link for your appreciation; Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; January 16th, 2014 at 12:19 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Here's a good link for your appreciation; [url=http://www.danielsternlighting.com/]Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply[url]
    thanks for the help, lowslowbenz.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    thanks, trucker111. you've been very helpful. btw, few more questions if i do upgrade to a higher wattage.
    1. is the bosch/osram all weather/season too yellowish for low beam?
    2. sabi ng talyer na pinapagawaan ko, maintain 60/55w na lang kasi pag nag upgrade to 100/90w, mabilis na lalabo yun headlights. i'm changing headlights (assembly) soon.
    1. i don't know how to describe it, but imo tamang tama lang. read the post of *lowslowbenz.
    2. if you have plastic headlight assemblies, go stock.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Sir, in connection with this, pano ba inaadjust yung angle ng ilaw? Hindi po kasi pantay yung sakin eh. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    mga sir ano maganda and size for fog light use?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^Tamang tama lang yung pagka yellow ng Fog breaker para sa foglight. Size? You can not change. Buy the same type as your stock fog bulbs.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast