New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i've used both narva and osram. generally ok naman.
    but i did have experience with one of them (forgot which)...pundi agad in a week.. and i swear the electrical and mechanical connections were ok..
    so i suppose there's still an amount of luck...

and my unsolicited advice to those who find their lights too weak...
    have your eyes checked;
    see if you have forgotten that you had your windshield tinted...; and
    check your headlight lenses.. they may already be darkened with age.
    dr. d - i'm okay with my stock bulbs except when it's raining at night.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    OSRAM just launched the new FOG BREAKER. It should be the better option for the bad weather.
    confused shoes - ang fog breaker ba sir ay all weather or ito talaga yung pure yellow na for foglamps only and hindi pwede sa headlights?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i've used both narva and osram. generally ok naman.
    but i did have experience with one of them (forgot which)...pundi agad in a week.. and i swear the electrical and mechanical connections were ok..
    so i suppose there's still an amount of luck...

and my unsolicited advice to those who find their lights too weak...
    have your eyes checked;
    see if you have forgotten that you had your windshield tinted...; and
    check your headlight lenses.. they may already be darkened with age.
    On the premature busted bulb, di you clean the bulb before you installed it? A probable cause was that someone may have touched the bulb glass portion. The oils from our fingers/skin can "bake" on the bulb glass when it heats up and cause it to go bust right away.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    *blue_centrix, re: FOG BREAKER

It's a 55w 2800K-2900K(within this range). Some say it is golden yellow.

According to OSRAM it is 60% more light. It looks like better than all weather. For the all weather to have the same amount of light, it will be a 75w.
    Last edited by confused shoes; November 15th, 2013 at 02:21 PM.

pag bago pa yung bulbs, say less than 1 year and keeping everything the same, the change to "better" halogen bulbs will not give a considerable increase in lighting output. That means hindi malaki yung jump sa lighting performance so dont expect 50-100% increase. Maximum I think would be in the range of 20%. Kung luma na yung bulb then the difference would be bigger. Be careful when installing high wattage bulbs as it can burn the chrome coating on your headlamps, especially sa fog lamps na maliit lang yung reflector bowls.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    pag bago pa yung bulbs, say less than 1 year and keeping everything the same, the change to "better" halogen bulbs will not give a considerable increase in lighting output. That means hindi malaki yung jump sa lighting performance so dont expect 50-100% increase. Maximum I think would be in the range of 20%. Kung luma na yung bulb then the difference would be bigger. Be careful when installing high wattage bulbs as it can burn the chrome coating on your headlamps, especially sa fog lamps na maliit lang yung reflector bowls.
    master garyq mag tanong lang po ako..tungkol sa headlight ng vti ko 96 kasi may nakikita po ako tanggal napo ung pina cover ng bulb..
    at sa mga ibang model ng tsikot like vios wala nadin ung cover ng bulb sa loob..

ano po ba ang purpose nung pinka cover na un..sa head light..pwede ko din po kayang tanggalin un..kasi mukang nakaka pigil pa siya ng buga ng liwanag..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    sir garyq - thanks for the advise. my civic fd is already 5 years old with original bulbs in it. generally im satisfied with my existing bulbs but problem comes out when it's raining that's why i want to install an all weather/season bulb in my low beams and foglamps. would it be of improved visibility when raining?

jaypee: pag yung HL came with what people call "payong", technical term yan ha. then the halogen reflector bowl of that HL was designed to have this coz it blocks part of the output of the halogen bulb para hindi maka silaw. Removing it will cause glare to other motorists. Pls be a responsible driver by not removing it. Some HL wala ng atang ganito and they are designed to be like that. Sa Vios, I dunno if you noticed it, kahit stock bulb may tendency syang mag glare compared sa ibang stock HL.

blue: ok bro pwede mo na palitan yan. check the alignment also. Meron lang ako nakukuha ng mga feedbacks na generally mas maiksi service lifetime ng mga "better" halogen bulbs compared to the stock ones.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    blue: ok bro pwede mo na palitan yan. check the alignment also. Meron lang ako nakukuha ng mga feedbacks na generally mas maiksi service lifetime ng mga "better" halogen bulbs compared to the stock ones.
    thanks sir gary. oo nga, medyo shorter ang lifespan ng non-oem bulb but i heard good feedback for narva and osram. anyways, pag may budget na sir ako will definitely go to your shop for the retrofit. name mo lang sir parati on top of my mind when it comes to retrofitting.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I've used narva on my ex civic,it worked perfectly and bang for the buck,wala ako naging problem until mabenta ko yung car,it's alot better than my previous super white bulb that looks cool outside but terriblr when you're inside the car

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast