New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    What’s the maximum headlight power for the average Japanese 1.6 liter car? By this I mean, without changing the battery or changing or modifying the alternator, what kind of powerful headlight bulbs can I install in my car (suzuki esteem)? I plan to move up to more powerful bulbs but I don’t want to do anything else other than install relays.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would safely advise a Flosser 85W and below halogen bulbs to maintain all your electricals in stock form. There are 120-100W bulbs but this will ad burden to your wires and alternator.

One more alternative are the aftermarket halogen bulbs sold in car accessories shops that calim to produce extra wattage of light for a 60-55W electrical consumption.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I think IPF has this high power hedlight bulb which consumes only 55-60 watts of power.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IPF & PIAA claims that their bulbs have higher wattage output, but based from my experience, only the color temp increases not the acutal bulb wattage.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    So if i do insist on getting 100/120 watt bulbs, what kind of modifications do I need to do to the electrical system in the newer cars?

My previous cars (1978 lancer, 1979 corolla) had headlight this powerful and all I remember doing was having relays installed. My battery and alternator was stock.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Re-wire existing headlight wirings, upgrade to atleast 85amp alternator, switch to ceramic sockets and add relays (optional: switch to glass lens headlight assembly). That is, if your vehicle is out of warranty. Modifying stock specs will void vehicle warranties.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Bud_wiser
    What’s the maximum headlight power for the average Japanese 1.6 liter car? By this I mean, without changing the battery or changing or modifying the alternator, what kind of powerful headlight bulbs can I install in my car (suzuki esteem)? I plan to move up to more powerful bulbs but I don’t want to do anything else other than install relays.
    a more expensive alternative is to get HID headlight upgrades. You can tell if the car is using a HID system if the light is very white.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    90/100W in a '94 corolla. no wiring/alt upgrade. sa gen 1 pajero 100/120 nag palit ako ng wiring and install ceramic socket. those plastic sockets keeps on melting.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    are there ceramic sockets for all cars, like a universal conversion kit?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Originally posted by Ungas
    One more alternative are the aftermarket halogen bulbs sold in car accessories shops that calim to produce extra wattage of light for a 60-55W electrical consumption.
    ser ungas...did u mean like raybrig and polarg? yung mga H4 replacement bulbs?

http://www.coolbulbs.com/polarg.asp

the ad is accurate then? with the regular draw of 55/60w...it will produce light equivalent to 125/130w?

tenk yu!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
question on powerful headlight bulbs