New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i think most thread posters are being confused with the topic already... imo, we should have a seperate thread regarding the use of angel eyes... let's just keep the topic to the effectivity of using projector headlights vs regular headlights...

StraightSix: sir to answer your question, angel eyes doesn't have a thing to help with road illumination, it's only for aesthetic purposes...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think the difference is mentioned here from Wikipedia. See boldfaced part.

Projector (polyellipsoidal) lamps

Projector optics, side view

Projector headlamps

In this system a filament is located at one focus of an ellipsoidal reflector and has a condenser lens at the front of the lamp. A shade is located at the image plane, between the reflector and lens, and the projection of the top edge of this shade provides the low-beam cutoff. The shape of the shade edge, and its exact position in the optical system, determines the shape and sharpness of the cutoff. The shade may have a solenoid actuated pivot to provide both low and high beam, or it may be stationary in which case separate high-beam lamps are required. The condenser lens may have slight fresnels or other surface treatments to reduce cutoff sharpness. Recent condenser lenses incorporate optical features specifically designed to direct some light upward towards the locations of retroreflective overhead road signs.
    The first modern polyellipsoidal "projector beam" automotive lamp was the Super-Lite, an auxiliary low beam produced in a joint venture between Chrysler Corporation and Sylvania and optionally installed in 1969 and 1970 full-size Dodge automobiles. It used an 85 watt transverse-filament tungsten-halogen bulb and was intended to extend the reach of the low beams during turnpike travel when low beams alone were inadequate but high beams would produce excessive glare. Projector main headlamps first appeared in 1983. Developed more or less simultaneously in Germany by Hella and in France by Cibie, the projector low beam permitted accurate beam focus and a much smaller-diameter (though much deeper) optical package for any given beam output. The 1986 BMW 7 Series was the first to use projectors for low beams.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Medyo OT na, so please forgive me.
    ok bro I understand na angel eyes na look iba sa projector type lng. sorry din.
    Last edited by finchy18; June 26th, 2007 at 11:16 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy18 View Post
    ok bro I understand na angel eyes na look iba sa projector type lng. sorry din.
    No problem. Glad you got that sorted out

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Is there a retrofit kit for the 1999 Isuzu Fuego? I was hoping to upgrade my headlights, I frequently have night driving out of town trips.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Sirs, noob question:

Yung stock headlight ng mazda3, projector type ba?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PareKoy View Post
    Sirs, noob question:

Yung stock headlight ng mazda3, projector type ba?
    PareKoy,

yung sa low beam lang po

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    wala pa akong nakikita projector type pati high beam

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by junkun13 View Post
    wala pa akong nakikita projector type pati high beam
    Sa Ford Lynx baliktad, yung High Projector yung Low reflector. hehehe

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    junk ang BMW X5 Projector lahat.

3RD Gen. CR-V is also equipped with projector type lo beams with D2S type HID bulb.
    maganda ang output sa gabi compared sa reflector type na naka HID..

Last edited by Starex_Gold; March 29th, 2009 at 11:20 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Projector Headlights - how is it better