New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 159 of 239 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2382
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gary and his staff (Ryan, Randy and Edmar) worked on my ASX today, and it's their first ASX. It took them seven hours to do it. Now I can do out of towns and not dread going home at night on unfamiliar roads. And I don't have to blind others on the other side of the road. It's not cheap but I guess you really get what you pay for. Here are some photos.

Gary, please don't forget my drl, looking forward to it. Thanks again.

Front2 by landscapist, on Flickr

HID light spread2 by landscapist, on Flickr

HID light spread by landscapist, on Flickr

Xenon Cutoff by landscapist, on Flickr

Front1 by landscapist, on Flickr

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I had my Stage 3 HID retrofit by Gary yesterday and it's their first ASX. It took them seven hours to do it. Now I can do out of towns and not dread going home at night on unfamiliar roads. And I don't have to blind others on the other side of the road. It's not cheap but I guess you really get what you pay for. I have yet to test the setup on the road.

I also shared this in the ASX thread, I hope the moderators don't mind. If you do, kindly move my other post to here since it's really more about lighting. Thanks.

Here are some photos. I had to lower the headlamps so you can see the cutoff. Our parking wall is tiny.

Thanks to Gary and his team -- Ryan, Randy and Edmar.

P.S. Gary, my DRL please.

Front2 by landscapist, on Flickr

HID light spread2 by landscapist, on Flickr

HID light spread by landscapist, on Flickr

Xenon Cutoff by landscapist, on Flickr

Front1 by landscapist, on Flickr

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ba yun yung white mercedes ni Jojo Alajar? hehe

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Hindi ba yun yung white mercedes ni Jojo Alajar? hehe
    Teka, check ko pa!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    [IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/69099922*N00/8216665427/in/photostream/lightbox/[/IMG]
    shot from roof of my nissan frontier bravado

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    opss.. no image appeared. bakit kaya

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I just want to thank Gary for the great after sales service i got! I had issues with the angel eyes on my stage 3 setup on my Hilux after almost a year and they fixed and replaced everything needed free of charge!

I highly recommend Gary to those having doubts pa.
    - Daniel

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    May 2011

the 4300K is as bright as daylight,even the trees were fooled.

9. Join Date
    May 2011

halogens of all brands

name it i have tried it. malayo ang performance ng hid retofit na projector ni garyq.

pipefish: thanks bro.

cyferion: any time

dencio: i am really glad you like it. Dami rin akong ganyan before ako nag retrofit, hehe.

Eto isa sa mga experiments namin. We try to understand better to make better retrofits

Did an interesting project today. One Jazz GD came to me kasi yung passenger side HID hindi na gumagana. Naka OEM na HID, JDM headlamps with Philips 85126 bulbs, Mitsubishi ballasts but of course RHD so yung profile nung output pataas sa driver side instead na pababa. The client had his old headlight na body color and apparently one of the last GD's that came out, 2008 actually.

Would like to share the difference between an HID equipped headlight na OEM and the standard halogen reflector bowl.

stock LHD halogen reflector bowl: the right side goes down and this is actually a profile that goes up to the right when reflected already.

OEM reflector bowl, HID type. When you flick the High switch, a cover or shield is pulled down by a solenoid much like a bixenon projector operates. You can also see here that the left side goes further down and this is reflected as a profile going up to the right for RHD cars. Note also the "sunken portion" of the bowl and this actual captures all the light from the hid bulbs. The bulbs are also different from the standard 85122/+.

you might also want to see the difference between the output of the oem hid reflectors and hid projectors which is still considerable. I happen to be doing a retrofit beside the GD so all the camera settings are the same. both 35w, both Philips.

BTW, sira yung ballasts nung passenger side which is not bad since this is around 7 years already.