New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mga peeps, do you flash your headlights' high beam before turning? what's your comment re this behavior? for me if its not so close, fine but for those who use this style because they just want to get by quickly with the assurance that even they're hit they still have the right esp when they're hit at the middle to rear section.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ok lang yan ... basta one or two click lang... ska signal yan na humihingi sya way para padaanin mo.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    I will not do it. Here it is being used to say- ako muna ha. In the UK it is different as it a sign of courtesy and saying - mauna ka na.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I don't flash my high beams when doing a simple turn. My turn signal will do.

Sa akin kasi, flashing your headlights at oncoming traffic is a sign of aggression/assertion; which is why I do so only if some idiot from the opposite lane insists on overtaking and occupying my lane, putting us both in danger of a collision.

I usually don't mind it, you get to the spot first the lane is yours - first come first served.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I very seldom flash my lights when turning, usually I only flash my lights when the approaching vehicle is a PUJ, taxi, tricycle or pedicab. The drivers of these vehicles usually don't know the term "give and take".

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT when people do it.

Unlike the the US where people flash their headlights to TELL the other party to pass, dito they flash to tell you (the person who has right of way) to GIVE way.

Where in the world does a turning car have precedence to turn over a straight-road right-of-way car...

Kapal ng muka... another lack of knowledge on basic road courtesy.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    My turn signal is enough to inform others my intention. Flashing head lights must be use only for those hard headed stupid drivers as others said.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    I ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT when people do it.

Unlike the the US where people flash their headlights to TELL the other party to pass, dito they flash to tell you (the person who has right of way) to GIVE way.
    yup, nung bata ako, nakalagay dun sa flasher switch: "pass" so inisip ko bakit ganun? parang baligtad sa pagkakaintindi ng tao.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    teka, bat nasa car comparison tong thread na to?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
flashing headlight before turning