New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    for the sake of discussion, flashing blue lights on a vehicle means police trying to pull you over or trying to tell you make way

flashing white light means an ambulance on an emergency and sometimes with flashing red

flashing yellow means slow moving equipment and a road hazard.

check with local regulations and the department of motor vehicles first.

on cars with seven wire system, the brake light works as signal lights, so, if you make them blink, it will be hazard lights since the seven wire system does not have dedicated amber turn signal/hazard lights

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Strobes fast > blinks 4x > steady.

This is how the controller works.

More of a safety add on, and is also legal.
    Last edited by prince777; December 4th, 2014 at 02:53 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I did mine DIY.

I bought the controller from eBay way back 2010. I then replaced the stock bulb-type 3rd-brake lamp assembly with an LED-type model from the USDM Civic Hybrid I bought from a forum member.

I've programmed it to blink a few times at medium speed then go steady. It strikes a balance between being noticeable, yet isn't annoying to drivers behind.

The result:

The video doesn't do much justice but it's all I have.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ^nice. kapag ordinary bulb sir hindi pwede or hindi tatagal unlike leds?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by silver V View Post
    ^nice. kapag ordinary bulb sir hindi pwede or hindi tatagal unlike leds?
    Pwede naman. No issue sa lifespan. The only problem is, mabagal response time ng filament bulb compared to LED. I originally tried blinking the stock 3rd brake lamp but I didn't like it. That's why I sought out to get the OEM LED 3rd brake lamp assembly. Suffice to say, mas effective ang LED sa strobe effect.

This is the video of the OLD setup using the stock bulb-type 3rd brake lamp.
    First Try: 3rd Brake Light Flasher (non-LED) - YouTube

A note of caution to the DIYers: DO NOT blink all the brake lights. It looks stupid, is annoying, and can be illegal. Keep it simple and OEM as much as you can.
    Last edited by oj88; December 5th, 2014 at 06:42 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Blinking brake lights!

In line with the Christmas cheer eh?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Got a couple of modules left! :P

:thumbsup:
    Last edited by prince777; December 5th, 2014 at 10:12 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I have seen a Blinking brake light in a taxi last night
    And it is annoying and irritating gabi pa naman iyon

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Anything that adds visibility ng kotse mo to other motorists sa kalsada is surely a benefit,
    who doesn't want added safety feature sa kotse.

pero as the previous poster said, and for me, i think its yudab.

just like those underglow neon lights, i saw a car with underglow neons the other night
    and aninag ko pa sya kahit malayo layo na sya. added visibility yes, but not of my taste.

i just make sure all my lights (park, head, tail, signal) works properly.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    The problem with blinking taillights – Editor Speaks | Autodeal

When it comes to blinking brake lights there are legal issues that surround it. The first is from the Land Transportation and Traffic Code, and the second comes from Presidential Decree Number 96. The Land Transportation and Traffic Code states that “every motor vehicle shall be equipped with at least one lamp which shall throw a sustained bright red light visible under all conditions, even under bright sunlight, when the brakes are applied.'' While Presidential Decree Number 96 has this to say: “That it shall be unlawful for the owner or possessor of any motor vehicle to use or attach to his vehicle any siren, bell, horn, whistle, or other similar gadgets that produce exceptionally loud or startling sounds, including dome lights, blinkers, and other similar signaling or flashing devices.” The strobing brake lights in question can technically be considered as blinkers since there is no distinction between those used by emergency vehicles and private vehicles as brake lights; it’s all up to interpretation. That’s two counts against these constantly blinking brake lights in the eyes of the law.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast