New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    nilagyan ko ng HID yung vtec ko 96' gusto ko sanang malaman kung pag tinangal yung [glare guard] sa loob ng headlight, kung ano ang difference. magiging sabog ba ang ilaw? or sobrang nakakasilaw? or ok lang na malakas?? 6000k by the way yung bulb phillips with hella ballast ignitor. has anyone done this kind of customizing in their vtec headlights if so please share some experience (what changed in the process) marami bang nagagalit so sobrang lakas ng ilaw??? thanks!!!

ito nga pala yung picture, it may help (red arrow) glare guard

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the first place, installing an hid kit to the non-projector headlamp of your civic is quite useless.

Removing the glare guard will only complicate matters as it will BLIND incoming vehicles.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pag inalis mo un magiging sabog ang ilaw mo mababaliwa ung hid mo at lahat ng kasalubong mo bubulagin mo!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Most likely sabog yung ilaw dahil nde projector yung headlamp, tapos pag tinanggal mo yung cover na yun daming masisilawan dyan, baka to the point na ikaw rin nde makikita dadaan mo dahil puro mga mag h-high beam katapat mo.

Tapos dahil 6000k color temp, panget visibility during rains.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    In the first place, installing an hid kit to the non-projector headlamp of your civic is quite useless.

Removing the glare guard will only complicate matters as it will BLIND incoming vehicles.

I understand your point, but realistic in this situation there's 1 out of 5 modified vehicles has HID kit with out projectors (specifically in PI), which you are aware, it's obviously showned with your response, so therefore it is quite useful for some people even though their car isn't equipped with projector lenses. Don't forget this statement was meant for people who has done this project, and is equipped with HID. All you have to say is "will blind incoming vehicles" do you have HID yourself ? if not your reply is "quite useless" as well. thanks!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ako naka hid ako sa sir ko but hinde ako naka projectors un lang i make sure na hinde glaring ung aim nung ilaw ko! pag tinangal mo ung cover mabwibwisit lang sayo ung mga kasalubong mo at baka batuhin ka pa!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Weather help me now.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by si_dino_to View Post
    I understand your point, but realistic in this situation there's 1 out of 5 modified vehicles has HID kit with out projectors (specifically in PI), which you are aware, it's obviously showned with your response, so therefore it is quite useful for some people even though their car isn't equipped with projector lenses. Don't forget this statement was meant for people who has done this project, and is equipped with HID. All you have to say is "will blind incoming vehicles" do you have HID yourself ? if not your reply is "quite useless" as well. thanks!
    Hi. Maybe the ratio is 1 out of 5 or even less. But that doesn't mean its right. I guess only 1 out of the 5 actually did his reasearch before slapping on HID's. HID's were never meant to work in standard halogen lamp housings. Magiging ala chamba na iyan. IF it does, swerte na lang. If it doesn't, better do something about it. No one will lay down the law on you if you don't correct it. I just hope you do, for the sake of being courteous to other motorists.

Napaaway na ko sa daan dahil sa mga motorists with blinding HID's. What were they thinking? Sila lang may karapatan na makita yung dinadaanan nila? Hindi ko naman sila binabato as previously posted by Mamar. But I do have a handheld halogen spotlamp between the front seats to even things up.

BTTT,
    Removing the glare guard will only make matters worse. So don't.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i'm ignorant about these things so i'd like to know why would it be useless to use hid bulbs on stock headlamps? pls enlighten me

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    bili ka nlang projector type.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
96' vtec headlights [glare guard off] HID equipped