New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    make sure may parking din para hindi perwisyo sa kapwa..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, a lot of us at this point in our lives don't have enough to buy a new car and maintain the lifestyle we wish for... Kahit si Uls, walang pambili yan ng gusto niyang... Gulfstream. :D

Given you'll have another kid on the way, you'll have additional expenses and in a couple of years, school expenses just as well. If your Kia Pride is very reliable then why not keep it? Heck i still throw my kids into the back of our 1993 Sentra 1.4 and will have no qualms about driving all the way to Baguio in it if need be because i know that car is very reliable given we've kept it properly maintained over the last 19 years. If a brand new car is hard on your budget then you can try to sell your Kia and get a larger second hand 1.3L or 1.6L sedan so you can fit in the stroller and baby stuff in the back.

To answer the question, it's hard to determine really when since a car will always be a expense and a depreciating asset. Expenses of each household is also not the same as there are factors on whether you live on your own, where you live, what are your other expenses, future expenses, savings, etc. You'll be in the best position to answer that.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    IMO, a lot of us at this point in our lives don't have enough to buy a new car and maintain the lifestyle we wish for... Kahit si Uls, walang pambili yan ng gusto niyang... Gulfstream. :D
    hahaha

and don't forget... it's model G650

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    don't you love the internet? You can get the opinion of others in an instant. You don't have to decide blindly anymore. Thank you so much for the responses.

I will have to go through each post again when I get to a desktop. It's kinda hard to follow using a cellphone.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    can we put figures?

If you have a net income of 50K/month, is 17k MA affordable?

Ok.

Reality check.

Family of 3 and another one on the way.

Income - 50K per month

Plan - Buy a new car for 17K/Mo

+

Fuel
    Parking and Toll
    Maintenance Cost - Yari ka kapag sa Hyundai HARI ka bumili. Every 3months ang PMS :D
    Personal Expenses
    Family Expenses
    House/Bill Expenses
    Food Expenses
    Emergency Expenses
    Recreational Expenses
    Savings

If you think your 50K per month is enough for these scenario then go and buy a new car.
    Last edited by Boy Bastos; August 30th, 2012 at 05:03 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This like saying never. Given a montly salary scheme. If you are saving for a house, how can you save for a car? So, a house you can loan? Car you should pay in cash?
    This is different. The value of the house and lot appreciates (provided hindi binabaha parang sa provident village yung lugar).
    cars depreciate.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Sa manila if family of 4 tapos net income is P50K, mahihirapan sa new car IMO kung hindi cash bibilhin. Mabuti naman and market hg 2nd han car dyan eh, get that. Yung mga 3 years pa lang nagagamit. Mura na yan. Kaya na i-maintain basta hindi maluho.

Ibang level trip ni Uls eh...world's most advcanced business jet. :D

Last edited by Ry_Tower; August 30th, 2012 at 05:33 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the one I am deciding to buy is on the Car Comparisons thread, Budget Crossovers/CUV.. I like the Haima7. Ahaha!

One of the reasons why I think I 'need' a brand new car is I got a 10 month old, and one on the way. Scary having the two in a Kia Pride, right?
    oo naman.... you need one.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Bastos View Post
    Ok.

Reality check.

Family of 3 and another one on the way.

Income - 50K per month

Plan - Buy a new car for 17K/Mo

+

Fuel
    Parking and Toll
    Maintenance Cost - Yari ka kapag sa Hyundai HARI ka bumili. Every 3months ang PMS :D
    Personal Expenses
    Family Expenses
    House/Bill Expenses
    Food Expenses
    Emergency Expenses
    Recreational Expenses
    Savings

If you think your 50K per month is enough for these scenario then go and buy a new car.
    i dont think kakasya ito. yung 50k/mo is gross ba? so may mga deductions pa yan. kung may deductions pa yan, ang net nyan is more or less 35k.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    This is different. The value of the house and lot appreciates (provided hindi binabaha parang sa provident village yung lugar).
    cars depreciate.
    you buy a car because "its necessity"... same when you buy a house / lot because "its necessity"

1 house and lot is enough... 1 car is also enough...

you must remember that house / lot is not an investment at all... never buy a house and lot just for the sake of "having an investment" just like a car, a house needs to be maintained, maintain utilities and pay taxes.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
The Right Time to Buy a Brand New Car