New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Well to continue the story, standard faxed us their offer they gave us 3 options.
    a. they'll repair it with 6 months warranty but any further repairs must be proved that it is from flood damage.
    b. they'll give 130K cash to us to repair it in the casa but they will be absolved of any further claim
    c. cash payout of only 330K

The problem with A is that it is hard to prove that the damages that will be discovered in the future is from the flood.
    The problem for b is that it is not enough since the estimate is already way over the value of the car 750K (all the computers and electrics are busted)
    The problem for c is it's far below the value of the car which is about 460K in the market (05 altis)

I would rather have option c but it's kinda too low, i don't think that's fair since they should give the actual value of the car. I am just hoping they would up it to at least 400K since i don't want to have the headache of making any legal actions. Anyway i think the moral lesson is that next time we should insure our cars with BPI-MS instead of standard. We're thinking about changing our insurance of our other cars to BPI-MS. Anybody has experience dealing with them? Any advice?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    Well to continue the story, standard faxed us their offer they gave us 3 options.
    a. they'll repair it with 6 months warranty but any further repairs must be proved that it is from flood damage.
    b. they'll give 130K cash to us to repair it in the casa but they will be absolved of any further claim
    c. cash payout of only 330K

The problem with A is that it is hard to prove that the damages that will be discovered in the future is from the flood.
    The problem for b is that it is not enough since the estimate is already way over the value of the car 750K (all the computers and electrics are busted)
    The problem for c is it's far below the value of the car which is about 460K in the market (05 altis)

I would rather have option c but it's kinda too low, i don't think that's fair since they should give the actual value of the car. I am just hoping they would up it to at least 400K since i don't want to have the headache of making any legal actions. Anyway i think the moral lesson is that next time we should insure our cars with BPI-MS instead of standard. We're thinking about changing our insurance of our other cars to BPI-MS. Anybody has experience dealing with them? Any advice?

Anyway to end this story, we had one bit stroke of luck, since the car's plate ends in 1 the insurance sent us a reminder to renew our insurance for about 460K insured value. We were able to use it to force them to up their offer from 330K to 475K which is more than acceptable for us already. The car is now declared total loss and we're getting the 475K insured value. Good thing our insurance broker weinebrener is very helpful to us in the whole ordeal. I'm still kinda mad at standard for trying to lowball us, we would have accepted anything above 400K but 330K is just too much. I can't be too mad at them since they were relatively prompt in giving the LOA in my previous car accident damages (12 the past 10 years). Anyway we're thinking about raising the external garage height by a few meters so that this won't happen again. Hope that everyone here gets the happy ending that we just had.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Insurance Question