New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Like what a previous poster said, just make sure you don't have any bad credit history and you'll get approved in no time. You'd have to submit a copy of your bank statement too for at least the last 3-5 months so they could monitor if hindi ka lang naglagay ng "show money" dahil bibili ka ng kotse. As long as steady yun pasok ng pera no problemo. Apply to as many banks as you can too so you could get the best deal possible. 5 year term for a fiesta di naman aabot siguro ng 13k siguro so comfortable ka padin naman

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    will you be approved by the bank? - yes definitely you would be approved with flying color

can a 67k salary maintain the car in general? -for pms and monthly amortization yes but! as one member said you must see the hidden expenses such as insurance, gas money, parking fee, and spare parts(expect the worst in case of warranty claims)

my suggestion, drop it, you told us that you still live with your parents, getting a car is a non essential investment for you and it would just be a money pit.

for a real advice, save up buy a land and build a house on it(value always appreciate huwag lang sa disaster prone areas) after you have done that, then and there should you only think of having a car

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Why would you invest with something that is depreciating in value. Mag taxi ka muna if tamad maglakad. 10 months pa lang sa work kotse na agad gusto savings muna ang priority dapat. Hehe..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    kaya yan idol. may PHP 45,560 ka pang net. assuming na 32% witholding tax mo. am sure minus living and other expenses may matitira ka pang 15k pang month for a car.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewpark84 View Post
    Not sure if this thread, or a similar thread is already existing but i did try searching for similar threads.

I'm currently an employee of a company (not self employed) and is earning 67k gross. Recently left my previous job and has been employed in a new company for 10 mos pa lang. I'm planning to buy a car but through auto loan (as many of you have said that in house financing offers bigger rates). My target year would be towards early quarter of 2014 or last quarter of 2013. I'm currently living with my parents. Now my question is...is my gross income reasonable enough for a bank to grant me an auto loan assuming i want to buy a Ford Fiesta 1.4 HB manual tranny, or is that too much for my pay grade?
    in my opinion, save enough to buy the car on cash basis. with a little discipline, you should have enough in 2 years.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    1. I hope you aren't a 30 plus year old living with his parents

2. You're living with your parents, don't be ashamed to abuse it and use THEIR vehicles instead. If you're ashamed, start by moving out of the house first.

3.. A car is always a liability.. (unless you're the type who invests in limited production uber high-end vehicles) heck, depreciation hits the moment you have your car leave the CASA doors and ticks every single day of ownership.

4. As for advice, work and stow away cash to have it work for you. The magic of compound interest is frightening to say the least.

--

The problem with real estate is that the most profitable industry is real estate development (think: Ayala)... high-risk, high-reward, but you'll be needing a massive balance sheet to start with. When starting out, buying a lot and constructing a house is a lot more than buying a Ford Fiesta.

If you're looking for real-estate in the short-term, forget it. You're better off gambling in Solaire if you want a quick buck.

Of course land will appreciate in value. However, your question now should be: is it appreciating more than inflation?

Best real-life advice? Find something you love and whack your brains out on how to profit from it. Tignan mo isang kaibigan ko na kakakita ko lang kanina, he loves women and fast forward a few years, he owns a couple of "KTVs" sa Quezon Avenue and some "spas" scattered around Metro Manila. It's not a business I'd enter (actually, I'd love to but my mother's gonna kill me first), but hey.. it's pretty profitable! :naughty2: sayang di ako suki........................... black covers on plates.. gonna love them.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; May 22nd, 2013 at 04:34 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewpark84 View Post
    Not sure if this thread, or a similar thread is already existing but i did try searching for similar threads.

I'm currently an employee of a company (not self employed) and is earning 67k gross. Recently left my previous job and has been employed in a new company for 10 mos pa lang. I'm planning to buy a car but through auto loan (as many of you have said that in house financing offers bigger rates). My target year would be towards early quarter of 2014 or last quarter of 2013. I'm currently living with my parents. Now my question is...is my gross income reasonable enough for a bank to grant me an auto loan assuming i want to buy a Ford Fiesta 1.4 HB manual tranny, or is that too much for my pay grade?
    Umutang ka na lang sa mga magulang mo, at sila ang hulugan mo... Whether bank rate or parents' rate,- the 'profit' is still in the family... Win-win situation....

19.2K:book:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    67k is a lot of money for a single guy living with his parents. when i was single i could live with 30k a month and i was paying for everything including association dues for my condo. sa 30k na yon nakaka gimik na ko non. so 67k a month without paying for anything else kayang kaya mo kumuha nan kahit mga cars na nasa 1.2M price range kung di ka magastos. my suggestion ipon ka muna pang down mga 3-400k, kung next year ka pa kukuha starting now tabi ka na ng 25k a month para ma reach mo yung 3-400k pang down by next year buo na yon.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    here's an autoloan calculator from BPI

BPI Family Auto Loan

normally, you'd have to base on the 1/3 of your net income every month.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I think that is reasonable enough. I got a new car kasi malapit na magretire yung ginagamit kong sasakyan.

Gawin mo na lang goal as time progresses is to look for better opportunities.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast