New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    So if you encounter someone who's very one sided about automatic gas driven car and try to convince him/her to prefer diesel manual instead, what would be your argument?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Show them what you drive and how much are your savings.

But I dont know why you would want to do that unless its your money being spent heheh. Some people just like the comfort of driving an AT and the NVH of gas fed cars.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by johncoder View Post
    So if you encounter someone who's very one sided about automatic gas driven car and try to convince him/her to prefer diesel manual instead, what would be your argument?
    if he's not of your family, or you do not in any way help support its maintenance, i wouldn't argue. wala tayong K.

if he does go over to the dark side like you suggested, and gets a flat tire, he might blame it on you!
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 25th, 2016 at 09:23 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Everyone I know grew up and learned to drive in an M/T. Now, all of them drives an A/T. It's 2016... Suffice to say, I wouldn't recommend M/T to anyone.

But I'd gladly recommend modern CRDi Turbo Diesels.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if he's not of your family, or you do not in any way help support its maintenance, i wouldn't argue. wala tayong K.

if he does go over to the dark side like you suggested, and gets a flat tire, he might blame it on you!
    heh heh.
    i agree. apart from my pajero fieldmaster, i drive two gas SUVs. it's none of anyone's business. i would resent it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Its their money, they can buy whatever they want.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the biggest argument against a manual is metro manila traffic. the last time i drove a manual and was stuck in traffic for 5 hours (espana blvd flash flood) i had cramps on my left leg later. another thing, mas madaling umarankada pag a/t. pag manual kumakambyo ka pa lang nasingitan ka na ng naka a/t na katabi mo. driving an auto is so effortless so hindi gaano nakakapagod.

besides, modern automatics are as efficient as manual gear boxes already.

and as the others said, if it ain't your money or not your car why should you be the one to decide?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Get a rental car and let them drive it around on weekdays rush hour

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Mahirap ipilit yung preference mo lalo na kung comfortable naman sya sa current setup nya. Let him/her be nalang. Ika nga nila To each his own and Just agree to disagree.
    😀😀😀😀😀

Lemme ask you TS because I am just curious. Is there an important reason to convince that person?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Is this hypothetical?

If it isn't why the need to convince?

Yep to each his own.

Never been a fan of MT, will not argue/debate etc re: which is better since at the end of the day I'm the one driving the car.

Never will i also convince one if the other one prefers MT.

As for me traffic in the Metro plays a big role, for me it outweighs the FC difference saved when driving an MT vs AT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast