New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My understanding is that the insurance coverage is for the vehicle and not for the owner.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when i bought one such used car...
    i remember showing the insurance guy a document.. i don't remember if it was the deed of sale or the CR, or both..?!

we have to "update" the insurance, because, in the unlikely event, they will want to know whose name to put on the cheque.

btw... i was informed somewhere in these threads, some time ago, that the seller has the option to terminate the compre. when he sells the car, and to pocket the refund. buyer must check if the used car he is buying, is still insured.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Time to renew din here.
    Will renew with FNAC (First Nationwide Assurance Corporation - First Nationwide Assurance Coporation)
    Even though the rates are slightly higher, may onting perks:

a. 24 x 7 roadside assistance
    b. Loss of Use benefit.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Mga boss,

ibebenta ko na kasi yung kotse ko at may buyer na, kakilala ko lang din. Pano ba yung procedure sa paglipat ng car insurance policy sa new owner? Pwede ba ako magprocess thru email or phone call sa agent? Sana meron from Standard Insurance Co, ang makasagot.

Thanks in advance sa magrereply.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Deja vu

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Paano po ang insurance kapag bibili brand new car? May babayaran ba or kasama na bayad doon kapag bumili ng car?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayu View Post
    Paano po ang insurance kapag bibili brand new car? May babayaran ba or kasama na bayad doon kapag bumili ng car?
    only the third party liability (TPL) insurance is required by law, of all motor vehicles, new or old.

comprehensive insurance is NOT required at all by law. if vehicle was fully paid for, no one will demand compre insurance.
    BUT, if vehicle was purchased on installment basis, creditor may (o sige, surely) require comprehensive insurance. for how else can they protect themselves from the unfortunate event?

so who will pay for these insurances? nasa usapan na po iyan between the buyer and the seller. kung minsan yung seller, kung minsan yung buyer. depende sa promo, kung mayroon o wala. out na ang gubyerno diyan.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 1st, 2016 at 02:19 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    If bank loan or in House, usually may all in plans that cover insurance, chattel, registration. So wala ka babayaran. Syempre cost nun eh binabawi nila sa loan interest

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ingat sa free 1st year insurance, babawiin nila premiums nun sa succeeding years mo kase naka locked in ka sa insurance na yun.

You can opt not to renew pero babayadan mo yung free kuno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
About insurances newbie here