New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Taxis aside (who pretty much run all day long so it makes sense), why has the private sector (at least the majority of us anyway) not been joining the LPG conversion bandwagon? I mean at sub P30/L its seems a good thing to do economically speaking....

Since ako gumawa ng thread let me answer na rin the question. Well for me its all about the MILEAGE or the lack of it. Assuming that LPG prices (natural gas prices are also going up, I think LPG also went up this past week just like gas) also keep in lock step with gas prices and maintain more or less its price differential it will take me almost 3.5 years just to recover which for me is wag na lang since I am also assuming my income will also go up with inflation since di naman ako in a fixed income (aka salaried employee)...

Kayo? Interested ako sa thoughts ninyo...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me just a simple reason, I can still afford the gasoline price..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same as shadow. i can still afford it.
    and even though if i cannot afford it, i would go for tidus' insights. the cost of LPG is also rising, which means it is not a guarantee for long term.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hmmm for me, i cant see my car having the LPG conversion.

the option did pass my mind pero parang i dont see the full benefits... baka kasi benta ko na yung car after 4 years? baka din kasi bumaba pa resale value ng oto...

then the last would be... there might be faulty conversion. i know ok yung mga reviews ng LPG conversions pero what if may mali mangyari sa conversion sakin... though may warranty... 1 year lang. paano kung may mangyari after 1 year? hindi na nila sagot then gastos ulit.

im fine na gas gamit ng car ko kahit kailangan magcommute paminsan minsan...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    ... i would go for tidus' insights. the cost of LPG is also rising, which means it is not a guarantee for long term.
    That is what people kept saying to me two and three years ago about auto-LPG. That time, the price difference was just 25% to 30% between gasoline and LPG. Today the price difference is over 40%.

The point, even if the price of LPG goes up, so will the price of gasoline at the same or greater rate.

"Regrets always come too late."

Last edited by ghosthunter; June 3rd, 2008 at 01:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Might not be the case anymore though, parang I sense these past few days that speculative money transferring into natural gas since crude oil has slown down and mukang the US SEC is trying to investigate the recent run up in crude oil kung may foul... If I was a betting man (although I admit I can lose the bet), I will bet that the differential is going down and not up. Last week LPG was increased by P2/L while unleaded by P1.50/L, its not a lot but its there...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    hmmm for me, i cant see my car having the LPG conversion.

the option did pass my mind pero parang i dont see the full benefits... baka kasi benta ko na yung car after 4 years? baka din kasi bumaba pa resale value ng oto...

then the last would be... there might be faulty conversion. i know ok yung mga reviews ng LPG conversions pero what if may mali mangyari sa conversion sakin... though may warranty... 1 year lang. paano kung may mangyari after 1 year? hindi na nila sagot then gastos ulit.

im fine na gas gamit ng car ko kahit kailangan magcommute paminsan minsan...
    Well, if your car still has warranty, it's your decision to void it or even contact your dealer if they would still consider the warranty after auto-LPG conversion. Some dealers will accept the warranty even after proper auto-LPG conversions.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Might not be the case anymore though, parang I sense these past few days that speculative money transferring into natural gas since crude oil has slown down and mukang the US SEC is trying to investigate the recent run up in crude oil kung may foul... If I was a betting man (although I admit I can lose the bet), I will bet that the differential is going down and not up. Last week LPG was increased by P2/L while unleaded by P1.50/L, its not a lot but its there...
    So you are "speculating" a whole trend in prices based on a one or two price corrections?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No I am seeing the previous people who sold OIL went into NATURAL GAS. Althought not yet in droves so the media has not yet covered this. Actually if you want to make money, this is the time to do it habang tahimik pa. Iniisip ko nga bumili ng natural gas and join those who speculated on it. I am not saying OIL's run is over in fact its not and I am still bullish on it pero its too hot to handle na for some people and dun naman sila lumipat sa di pa lumipad ng todo-todo price-wise...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    My Mazda3 is top of the line and I can't bear to see an LPG sign thing sticker in any part of my car. Plus, there's E10, only 2 peso cheaper but still makes a diffrence in terms of pricing.

I believe that the LPG tech is just for taxis. You can see people converting to LPG to save some money yet they spend too much on other things. Still the same.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Why have you not joined the LPG bandwagon?