New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I really don't know if this was already talked about sa ibang thread, pero bakit walang lumabas na LPg ready car na from CASA? I think avanza lang ang naglabas but exclusively for taxi? and parang hinde mabenta, 'coz I don't hear much noise about this after ng press release nila...

I think kung gagawin nilang factory installed LPG sa mga cars nila eh mas maraming bibili, dahil parang bumili ka lang ng regular brand new car, tapos ganun pa rin ang warranty etc...I mean mas at eased bumili ang mga motorist siguro kung factory installed ang LPG tank....

I for one will buy an factory installed LPG car from any car brand...

ano ba dahilan at hinde nila ginagawa?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Alam ko Chery also has this option for the Cowin....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For one, the car manufacturers don't have a factory LPG ready car. The car will still need to be converted to using auto-LPG using local installers.

Another problem is the lack of proper information disseminated to the motoring public. Many people still believe that the LPG tank will explode if you get into an accident, the car can only drive slow, will have problems going up ramps/hills, the passenger cabin will smell like LPG, and auto-LPG is responsible for dry skin & breathing problems as what taxi drivers claim.

Last problem, auto-LPG refueling stations are generally limited to Metro Manila and Metro Cebu. There are some other LPG stations outside those areas but far and very few (like one auto-LPG station in Baguio).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What I don't understand is why the car companies and car dealers don't have certified and accredited auto-LPG installers if their customers want to convert their brand new car to use auto-LPG and still retain the factory warranty on the car.

In the face of high fuel prices, I think it is truly irresponsible of the car makers NOT to offer this option to their buyers and customers.

Last edited by ghosthunter; May 8th, 2008 at 12:10 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^exactly...I think buyers will be more at eased when the LPG ready car that they will be buying will still have the warranties from the dealers..

dealers can easily outsource the conversion, they have been doing it anyway installing of accessories for instance

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I think ang Toyota Alabang ay puwedeng mag kabit ng LPG kit w/o voiding the warranty.

Just noticed kanina. their uniform has the caltex logo and the techron fuel additive.

may lpg ba ang caltex?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i think the reason is because its new technology...

like what happened in the olden times... from steam powered rides, then came the gas powered. they were reasoning that the petrol explodes inside and the steam just uses water.

like they always say, old technology is always better than brand new technology.

if the LPG powered would make it in the mass production of cars, it would take some time.

my 2 cents.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I don't think LPG is new technology per se, more like a newcomer lang in this country.... I don't think LPG will find the light of the day here if unleaded was P30L and LPG is P26. But since unleaded is P49 such is the case.....

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    syempre from the business standpoint, it's all about cost... and profit.

If the carmakers will produce LPG powered cars, they will have to reconfigure their assembly lines and supply chain.

Things like that have to be discussed in several meetings and will be decided by committee... and final approval from headquarters...

In short... mahaaabaaang proseso yan...

Sa ngayon, hindi pa gaano kalakas ang demand for LPG cars (from a multinational company point of view) kahit gaano kadami nakikita natin na naka LPG ngayon...

Para sa carmakers, konti palang yan.

Keep in mind that they produce cars by the tens or hundreds of thousands.

So if the demand for LPG cars is only in the few hundreds a month, para sa kanila hindi cost effective mag reconfigure ng assembly line and supply chain.

They would probably start rolling out LPG cars if the they think they can make serious money out of an investment like that...
    Last edited by uls; May 8th, 2008 at 01:25 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Chicken/Egg thing, just like hydrogen cars...

Will you build the infrastructure first to provide the fuel source readily so that manufacturers will see a source of fuel, or do you build the cars first so refilling stations will invest on upgrading their pumps.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
why don't car manufacturers release a LPG fed car?