New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Get a cold air intake, the moment my ECU got adjusted to the new air flow and temperatue, i really noticed better power and less gas consumption about 2 - 3 mpg on same kind of driving.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    di ako satisfied sa mga gas saving device, tulad ng khaos, di naman ako nakatipid sa gas, kaya tinangal ko, lang hayon naka tambak lang sa tool box baka may gusto bumili pm me na lang

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    many people fail to realize that execessive gas consumption can be caused by underinflated tires. my example most ford e150 users today always complains about the execessive fuel consumption, they say that they are barely reaching 3-4 km/l. in my experience i average about 5-7 km/l mixed driving. its because most e150 users inflate their tires to 30 psi to about 45 psi. when in fact it should be 55psi front and 80 psi back according to the manual, since most gas stations wouldn't inflate your car up to 80 psi their gas economy suffer (i bought my own personal compressor that is 100psi capable).

this is not my opinion but a proven fact. i have two neighbors who has the exact same vehicle and tried comparing their full tank mileage compared to mine and i was about 80-120km more efficient.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    many people fail to realize that execessive gas consumption can be caused by underinflated tires. my example most ford e150 users today always complains about the execessive fuel consumption, they say that they are barely reaching 3-4 km/l. in my experience i average about 5-7 km/l mixed driving. its because most e150 users inflate their tires to 30 psi to about 45 psi. when in fact it should be 55psi front and 80 psi back according to the manual, since most gas stations wouldn't inflate your car up to 80 psi their gas economy suffer (i bought my own personal compressor that is 100psi capable).

this is not my opinion but a proven fact. i have two neighbors who has the exact same vehicle and tried comparing their full tank mileage compared to mine and i was about 80-120km more efficient.
    depends on what tires your using...
    the last subic trip cost me 3 tires (dunlop MT-1 32x11.5r15) on my full size chevy pick up
    inflated them 50psi...on our way back humpy na ride
    better check this: http://www.broquet.com.sg/

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    55 and 80 psi? that must be for commercial, heavy-duty applications (probably because the E-150 is the commercial variant, while the Club Wagon is the passenger variant?). I would suppose that the recommended tire pressures for light-duty applications would not be as high.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ours is the e150 chateau wagon. yun ang nakalagay sa door jamb na recommended tire pressure. Medyo bumpy nga lang pero livable. Pero pag long drive i stick with 60psi/65psi para comfy ang ride.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is the tire itself capable of 80psi? Sometimes the doorjamb and tire disagree.

Yung ibang units sa Autocamp, hanggang 50psi lang ang maximum capacity ng tire as per sidewall.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Is the tire itself capable of 80psi? Sometimes the doorjamb and tire disagree.

Yung ibang units sa Autocamp, hanggang 50psi lang ang maximum capacity ng tire as per sidewall.
    yep tire sidewall says 80psi maximum when cold. I called up ford already and they told me to use 55psi front and 60psi rear para di daw matagtag and inflate only to 55/80 when the vehicle is subjected to maximum load (say 12 passengers or carrying really heavy stuff).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    an egg is the best gas saving gadget.

place it between you foot and the accelerator pedal :D

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mga bro,

May naka-imbeto ng gas saver daw

http://tsikot.yehey.com/auto-classif...?product=50494

Nasubukan niyo ba ito? Okay kaya ito? Gas saver nga o money waster kaya?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
What's The Best Gas Saving Device Around?