New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've noticed that the prices for unleaded fuel varies not only on oil companies but also on service stations of the same oil company as well.

As an example, I loaded fuel on Shell, White Plains and the gas price per liter was 21.17. As I passed by Shell, Kapitolyo in Pasig, the price was 20.40. So far this is the lowest price I seen, much lower than Flying V or Total which sells as 20.45. I just wonder why . . .

Can anybody there tell me if there are stations selling lower that 20.40?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron, pero ito yung mga tinatawag na mosquitoes or mga independent players. ang upside nito ay mura ang gaso, downside is di ka nakakasigurado kung saan nila sinosource ang fuel. baka sa dumpers nila sinosource tapos walang quality control which can do you more harm in the long run than good. i saw this independent service station (UNO ata yung name) selling unleaded for 19.95-20.10 and diesel for a much lower price than the others.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Reason is, it depends on the distance from the oil depot. May transhipment cost yun na 1 centavo per a certain number of kilometers away from the depot. In short, the farther you are from Pandacan, the higher the cost. I'm just referring to Shell k. Yung ibang players, I'm just not sure.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    location din ang isang factor ng price... pansinin mo yung caltex along edsa north bound lane bago mag guadalupe...super mahal, one of the most expensive gas stations i've seen.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So how much ang unleaded sa Shell station nearest the Pandacan depot?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ssaloon
    location din ang isang factor ng price... pansinin mo yung caltex along edsa north bound lane bago mag guadalupe...super mahal, one of the most expensive gas stations i've seen.
    To add to this, kapag may mga gas stations na magkakalapit, usually mas mababa ang mga prices nila as compared to a gas station na siya lang ang nasa area niya...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may factor din ba ang pagiging franchise? kasi sa pagkaka-alam ko eh usually iba-iba ang owners ng bawat branch. and usually its the branch owners who determines the price of feul being sold.

Various prices for unleaded fuel