New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Danils View Post
    Hello everyone,,
    I find UniOil's 95 better than Shell's 95 Vpower.haha
    This is just me since I know how my car runs so might be different for others

Question, if I still have 95ron gas remaining and suddenly filled up 97ron, will it damage the engine?
    I tried to search online but I got mixed opinions.
    I asked this because sometimes the gas station ran out of 95 and needed to fill up gas..
    UniOil user here, primarily for the 5 peso discount from my S&R card.

Does your engine require 95RON ? If not, it won’t matter at all. If your engine requires 95RON, using 95 or higher is recommended but be careful when using 98-100 RON as some engines tend to run rich and it will show up as an error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If your engine requires 95RON, using 95 or higher is recommended but be careful when using 98-100 RON as some engines tend to run rich and it will show up as an error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i didn't know that.
    i learned something new today.
    not that i have a car like that...
    heh heh.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^nope you can mix octane ratings as long as you dont go below specifications

If your car engine is rated 95 (that means 95 and above)

Mixing 91 on a 95 rated engine will be detrimental

If your engine is something like skyactiv and the manual stated 91 ONLY then stick to it. The only drawback is if the filling station runs out of it

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kisshmet; December 5th, 2019 at 12:21 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i didn't know that.
    i learned something new today.
    not that i have a car like that...
    heh heh.
    Subaru turbocharged vehicles require 95RON at a minimum but Motor Image does not recommend running with 98-100 RON. There are still those who love to run with Blaze 100RON even though it does not offer any performance gains whatsoever with their engines and some maybe putting their engines at risk of faults/errors as the fuel-air mixture become richer than what is expected.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Very satisfied user of Unioil Diesel here. Nice especially their promo with Gerry's last Oct. Dami ko din nakain na free sisig

Subaru turbocharged vehicles require 95RON at a minimum but Motor Image does not recommend running with 98-100 RON. There are still those who love to run with Blaze 100RON even though it does not offer any performance gains whatsoever with their engines and some maybe putting their engines at risk of faults/errors as the fuel-air mixture become richer than what is expected.
    Meron gain. I remember Botchi Santos reported this and said WRX and STI will find 10-15 wheel horse power gain going to Blaze from the usual 95-97 alternatives.

My toy car is specifically tuned for Blaze and close to maxing out the stock injectors. If I gas up with anything else I have to switch it to a lower boost map because the 10% ethanol will make the car run lean when running the Blaze map.
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; December 5th, 2019 at 12:22 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I use their blue 97RON on my carb mc and very very responsive. less 5 discount from S&R... around 51 per liter

Diesel at less 2.50....around 38/L
    Last edited by XTO; December 5th, 2019 at 12:38 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Very satisfied user of Unioil Diesel here. Nice especially their promo with Gerry's last Oct. Dami ko din nakain na free sisig

Meron gain. I remember Botchi Santos reported this and said WRX and STI will find 10-15 wheel horse power gain going to Blaze from the usual 95-97 alternatives.

My toy car is specifically tuned for Blaze and close to maxing out the stock injectors. If I gas up with anything else I have to switch it to a lower boost map because the 10% ethanol will make the car run lean when running the Blaze map.
    You are talking about a WRX STI and your weekend tuned toy car. Of course, there will be some gains in performance.

For the usual gas-fed cars with small displacement engines on factory tunes and a 91RON requirement, a higher octane fuel will not have significant gains.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    this is what i think.
    the car's engine computer can control engine functions, to make it able to run safely on different octanes of fuel.
    but their best performance, is still when they are fed the higher octane fuels that they were originally designed to run on.
    for cars originally designed to run on lower octane fuel, using higher octane fuel on them won't result in significantly improved performance.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 5th, 2019 at 01:11 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Some designs are flexible others are stringent

Flexible offers more fuel choices

Strict designs are limited so when that particular fuel is out, the owner is left with no choice but to walk even if there are other fuel options available

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Why not? These engines tend to go boom and running higher octane than recommended is a safety net.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast