New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    The AT variant really has a lower FC than an MT. But any vehicle for that matter travelling the QC Cubao route daily will have a significantly lower FC than say plying EDSA or other less heavier routes.

the MT variant gets around 8-9 kms/liter in city driving BTW.
    there is a FC Gauge in the middle part of the dash.. currently its 4.3km/Q AVG. I don't know if that one is reliable.
    Last edited by mikomac; March 16th, 2011 at 10:47 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    bad FC compared to what?

my 1.3 XE 99 m/t corolla gets 8-9 city... i think may prob na ito sa carb, or maybe not.

my 1.6 VTi-S gets flat 10s, 11-12 highway... somewhat well maintained.

my 2.0 cefiro V6 gets 5-7, 10 highway... this thing is probably about the same weight as a first generation CRV

i've yet to own a car that will break 10 km/liter in the city, normal medium traffic, summer conditions. and i've owned plenty.

it's a little unfair to generalize cars based on their FC alone. people get scared of buying them. for example, compare a suzuki alto's FC with that of say, a ford expedition with 4x4... layo naman talaga...

pero can you fit 10 people and their luggage in a suzuki alto?
    can the alto bring even 5 people to pagudpud in absolute comfort?
    can the alto smash through mud, flood, brush and vegetation to take you whenever you wanna go (like rescue your child from the flooded day-care center in downtown manila?)

the idiot will go for the puny little alto because all that matters to him is good FC, even if the expedition, with its power and subsequently higher operating cost (but lower buy-in cost 2nd hand) will always prove to be a better car. why start a thread like this for "reference" anyway? we can't or won't all drive/acquire cars based on FC alone, you know.

just saying, FC is the price we all must pay for the utility value a car can have... a cefiro will consume more than a 96 civic in similar conditions, true... but the civic will have 25% less power, will ride firmer... in short, prove to be an overall inferior car IN TERMS OF RIDING COMFORT (don't flame me civic boys! i was once like you myself! hahaha).
    hindi ka naman galit sa Alto niyan brad? ibabalik ko sa iyo ang sinabi mo hehe. hindi ka naman palagi magsasakay ng 5, hindi ka araw-araw pupunta ng pagudpud siguro, at palagi bang bumabaha?

different cars, different purposes. you won't buy a small car obviously kung sa ganyan mo gagamitin, common sense.

kung ganyan ang pananaw mo, get a cheap Alto then get a Crosswind/Adventure/Innova, siguro mas nakatipid pa rin ako kesa sa Expedition mo. Isa pa, if you can afford an Expedition, why rant on fuel consumption diba.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mikomac View Post
    there is a FC Gauge in the middle part of the dash.. currently its 4.3km/Q AVG. I don't know if that one is reliable.

I do not use that gauge di accurate lasi. Full tank - drive for a few days after resetting the odometer1 to zero - full tank again. Off ang measure nya by at least 3 kms/liter per my experience.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    I do not use that gauge di accurate lasi. Full tank - drive for a few days after resetting the odometer1 to zero - full tank again. Off ang measure nya by at least 3 kms/liter per my experience.
    BTW what's your GC FC?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19 View Post
    hindi ka naman galit sa Alto niyan brad? ibabalik ko sa iyo ang sinabi mo hehe. hindi ka naman palagi magsasakay ng 5, hindi ka araw-araw pupunta ng pagudpud siguro, at palagi bang bumabaha?

different cars, different purposes. you won't buy a small car obviously kung sa ganyan mo gagamitin, common sense.

kung ganyan ang pananaw mo, get a cheap Alto then get a Crosswind/Adventure/Innova, siguro mas nakatipid pa rin ako kesa sa Expedition mo. Isa pa, if you can afford an Expedition, why rant on fuel consumption diba.
    +1.....plus 1...... paki add po ng isa... tama ka bro...depende sa pangangailangan... depende sa pag gagamitan..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hello do Mitsubishi "Pizza Pies " have bad fc? I got my 1st car 1997 Lancer 1.3 carb type it's only averaging aroun 7.1-7.3km/l.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
tsikot with bad FC or FE