New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Animo Jackpot View Post
    Ahh ganun pala un using cold & hot air intake...kala ko when youre using CAI, FC is better!

Mga masters, matanong ko na rin; is it true that cone type or replacing OEM filter might cause risk of shorter engine life, cause it doesnt filter dirt unlike OEM does?

I'm planning to have mine changed to KNN cones from OEM. Sabi kasi mga barkada ko more HP & better FC.
    Yes. They don't. You'll probably see or feel the difference in engine longevity in about 200,000 - 300,000 kilometers.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Unless you live in a squeaky clean environment engine wear will increase with any increase in intake flow rate. Contrary yung dalawa eh, more filtration = less flow. More flow = less filtration.

Flow test: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/cms/in...d=61&Itemid=70

Filtration test: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/cms/in...d=66&Itemid=76

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Possibly. Simotas aren't very effective filters. (The old ones, not sure about the new ones).
    im about to change my filter later on from simota to k&n. i'm not hoping to improve the fuel efficiency but atleast the throttle response by a bit. and hope this provides much better filtering.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yes. They don't. You'll probably see or feel the difference in engine longevity in about 200,000 - 300,000 kilometers.

Tenchu-Tenchu for the info.
    Now I know what to do.
    Better stick with OEM

Be Well
    Animo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Six gas mileage myths