I read on Phil Daily Inquirer - today's issue, page E1, nagsponsor pala ang Dept of Energy ng Fuel Economy run ng different AUV's. The rules were much different than the one sponsored by Isuzu w/ the much ballyhoed 36+km/l consumption kuno.

they got 3 drivers from the Automotive Association of the Philippines to test drive the following vehichles: 2 CRV's, 2 Revo's, 3 crosswinds, a mistu adventure and a Toyota Prius, a hybrid gas-electric vehicle from Japan. All are diesel variants except the CRV's. basic rules: 80 kph top speed, 165 lbs load excluding driver, to equalize daw, they loaded three 155lb bags sa bawat test vehicle. Route is from FORT to some place in Batangas, some 151 km away. Ang rule of driving... dapat realistic driving style, tapos walang modifications or daya like increased tire pressure etc.

The mileages of the vehicles are :
1st Revo GL - 16.02 km/l another Revo GL - 16.504 (both manual trans I suppose, di na mention kung one is matic e)
CRV manual - 13.422 km/l CRV matic 9.587 km/l
Adventure 17.509 km/l

and the most fuel miser is......... jaraaaaaaannnnnnnnn!!
a Crosswind XTO manual w/ 19.198 km/l woohooooooo!!!
:D
it also mentioned another Crosswind w/ 17.112 km/l , di sinabi kung anong variant, siguro XUV. Meron ding Crosswind XT which ran using pure cocodiesel w/c registered 16.304 km/l -- only goes to show that cocodiesel is a technically viable alternative to pure diesel. di nga lang economically viable kasi mahal cocodiesel at P44-45/kg

yung Toyota prius hybrid car registered 18.34 km/liter.

what I'm so happy about this article is that it once again proves the fuel economy of my ride. this time around, mas credible sya since it was conducted by a government agency plus it was done side by side with other vehicles plus it was driven by professional drivers.

:wink: