New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I've only used Seaoil unleaded and premium in my Kia Rio. In my area its almost P2 cheaper than the big 3. Even if its true that Seaoil provides poorer fuel economy, that is easily offset by the price difference.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Hi guys, i find this weird that I had to post on this thread to rant about seaoil product (extreme 97). Anyone tried gassing up in seaoil edsa southbound, near quezon ave, on the other side of Eton Centris? My average fuel economy by using Shell V-nitro + racing, Petron XCS, is around 10-11 km/liter. Yung first time ko nag pa gas sa kanila (Seaoil, regular pump, not discounted) my fuel economy was around 10.5 km/liter, not bad, considering the price. Then the next time I gassed up sa kanila, dun ko tinry sa discounted, around Php 2/liter and discount, so I thought, Wow, not bad! Mura na, mas pinamura pa! Thinking it was the same formula or additives added or whatever.

Then I noticed once na parang hirap mag accelerate ung kotse both in gear 1 and in reverse gear. I can describe it as, trying to accelerate/reverse while hand-braked, and nag vvibrate nang malakas na parang may pumipigil sa pag andar. Weird kasi never ko na experience yun before, my car by the way is Vios 2014 model, 2300 km ODO at that time. Naulit quite a few times, and happens specifically in gear 1 and reverse, sometimes felt in gear 2 pero not as strong as in gear 1.

Pinilit ko talagang ubusin halos maubos yung fuel tank ko kasi disappointed regarding dito, and after ko magpa full tank kanina (sa Petron na) I computed ung FC ko from that last gas up sa seaoil, and I got the lowest FC ever at 9km/l, same route, same driving styles, same everything.
    Just sharing my experience, nothing agains SeaOil and all, actually smooth siya nung unang nagpa gas ako sa kanila, I think, may problema yung dun sa discounted pump station nila, and as they say, "charged to experience na lang". I'd like to know if anyone has experienced the same thing, by the way, sa kanilang na Seaoil pa lang ako nakapag try kaya I wont generalize. Thanks tsikot!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I typically fill my tank there since it's a rather convenient location for me and I like its pricing (relatively "affordable"). No problems naman so far.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I typically fill my tank there since it's a rather convenient location for me and I like its pricing (relatively "affordable"). No problems naman so far.
    Have you tried filling up dun sa discounted nila sir? I think that's the one with problem.. I'll try to observe din for the next few months to rule out the possibility na dun nga ang may problem. Yung first dill up ko kasi sa kanila sa normal pump, wala naman naging prob, okay naman eh..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by huzky View Post
    Have you tried filling up dun sa discounted nila sir? I think that's the one with problem.. I'll try to observe din for the next few months to rule out the possibility na dun nga ang may problem. Yung first dill up ko kasi sa kanila sa normal pump, wala naman naging prob, okay naman eh..
    Pansin ko hirap yung makina sa discounted na unleaded. So I filled my car up with Extreme 95. Still cheaper than the Big 3 in my area.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by fireice2 View Post
    Pansin ko hirap yung makina sa discounted na unleaded. So I filled my car up with Extreme 95. Still cheaper than the Big 3 in my area.
    Hirap nga ang makina, sad nakakatakot bat kasi may discounted tapos parang substandard, masama pa nyan baka masira makina. Definitely wont fill up dun sa discounted anymore, and matagal muna siguro bago ako mag balik SeaOil.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    ^same observation here. ano kayang hokus-pokus meron dun sa discounted pumps nila?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    That's why i don't fill up sa discounted diesel pumps. Malay mo dun sa tangkeng luma, binaha or marumi ang napili nilang lagyan ng discounted diesel. Mahirap na. I changed my fuel filter at 18K kms (scheduled for 20K kms) and sobra ang dumi.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Iwas iwas na lang po muna tayo sa discounted pumps fellow tsikoteers, though I'd still try SeaOil someday ulit.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Discounted pumps are also linked to the same tanks as the non-discounted pumps.

The fuel is exactly the same. Discount lanes are just cheaper in order to attract price-sensitive customers (usually PUV drivers). No need to dilute the fuel since even with the discount, gas companies are still making positive margins.

Interestingly, when I dropped prices by 3 pesos in my stations a few months back to piss off those independent competitors, a few people gave the same feedback - that we were selling adulterated products. Sheesh, why can't people just be happy when prices drop.

Anyway, your car just might not be running very well with Seaoil's 91 octane gasoline.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast