New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Belcher,

I used City Oil's (CAA road) Pure diesel sa Carnival ko and I must say it really improves performance of the car. No smoke, less vibration tapos improved acceleration pa. The carnival uses a 2.9L 16V direct injection turbon intercooler engine. I think the new Sedonas uses common rail fuel system.

Pure Diesel is a better alternative than the ones offered by the big 3 oil companies. Mura pa!!!!! 15.75 (two days ago 15.50 lang)

Doon sa specs ng Seaoil it says improved lubricity. So its alright to use contrary to initial reports na if you increase Cetane rating you lose lubricity.

go go pure diesel go!!!!

Originally posted by rodski
    Belcher,

I used City Oil's (CAA road) Pure diesel sa Carnival ko and I must say it really improves performance of the car. No smoke, less vibration tapos improved acceleration pa. The carnival uses a 2.9L 16V direct injection turbon intercooler engine. I think the new Sedonas uses common rail fuel system.

Pure Diesel is a better alternative than the ones offered by the big 3 oil companies. Mura pa!!!!! 15.75 (two days ago 15.50 lang)

Doon sa specs ng Seaoil it says improved lubricity. So its alright to use contrary to initial reports na if you increase Cetane rating you lose lubricity.

go go pure diesel go!!!!
    I would also prefer pure diesel coz this is the low sulfur diesel na ginagamit na sa U.S and Europe. Mas mura pa. Lowering the sulfur content in diesel is the one that also lowers the lubricity (not cetane rating) but of course additives are added to increase this.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pareho lang ba ang epekto sa makina ng biodiesel at pure diesel?? kung pareho, siguradong malulugi ang senbel. kung ako nga naman ang mamimili syempre dun na ko sa mas mura eh pareho naman ng results.

Originally posted by benchph1
    pareho lang ba ang epekto sa makina ng biodiesel at pure diesel?? kung pareho, siguradong malulugi ang senbel. kung ako nga naman ang mamimili syempre dun na ko sa mas mura eh pareho naman ng results.
    bro ika nga, these two are 2 different animals. Pure diesel is still petroleum(fossil) based while biodiesel is vegetable derived ester. Pure diesel or low sulfur diesel addresses the problem of SOX emissions(acid rain). Biodiesel affects all the harmful emissions coming out of your engine. CO emissions are 20-40% lower, SOX are 80-99%! lower and particulate matter 20-39% lower. This is the reason why clean diesel in the U.S and Europe are mixed with Biodiesel. FYI lang Germany uses around 700,000 metric tons of BD /year. Sa France naka mix na siya sa pumps and they consume around 400,000 metric tons/year.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, a friend of mine who works for a petroleum company also supports what rsnald and garyq have said: low-sulfur diesel (Pure Diesel) and biodiesel should complement each other because they provide different benefits to the engine and the environment.

Pero sana naman, in the short-term, makagawa ng paraan ang gobyerno at ang mga oil company para bumaba ang production cost ng biodiesel. even if biodiesel will cost less, there will undoubtedly be more people who will buy it so hindi pa rin lugi ang mga biodiesel producers, diba?

By the way, garyq, thanks for the quick delivery of the biodiesel the other day. Will try it adding it tomorrow when I gas up

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    So when do you think magkakaroon ng bio diesel sa mga gas stations? tamad kasi akong mag stock at mag mix mix.

If ever magkaroon, how much kaya yung per liter? sana same price parin as pure diesel hehehehe

Originally posted by mikey177
    Yes, a friend of mine who works for a petroleum company also supports what rsnald and garyq have said: low-sulfur diesel (Pure Diesel) and biodiesel should complement each other because they provide different benefits to the engine and the environment.

Pero sana naman, in the short-term, makagawa ng paraan ang gobyerno at ang mga oil company para bumaba ang production cost ng biodiesel. even if biodiesel will cost less, there will undoubtedly be more people who will buy it so hindi pa rin lugi ang mga biodiesel producers, diba?

By the way, garyq, thanks for the quick delivery of the biodiesel the other day. Will try it adding it tomorrow when I gas up
    Price ng biodiesel: Law of supply and demand and of course competition. These will drive it down. The more sa demand, the price will go down. Although Senbel is the only commercial producer of biodiesel at the moment eventually competitors will come and we all have to find a way to be efficient in how the product s produced so the price should go down. Consumers ang panalo dito and of course our environment. Big thing din is that this fuel is indigenous (from our coconut farmers), renewable (coz we can grow and grow coconuts) and biodegradable (edible nga di ba). Imagine we grow our own fuel. Hopefully the farmers can get better prices for their copra.

Dude thanks for the order. Halo mo lang. No special way to do it.
    :D

Originally posted by rodski
    So when do you think magkakaroon ng bio diesel sa mga gas stations? tamad kasi akong mag stock at mag mix mix.

If ever magkaroon, how much kaya yung per liter? sana same price parin as pure diesel hehehehe
    Wala pang balita. We are taking the first few steps towards clean air so low sulfur diesel muna. Legislation ang kailangan if ever we expect this to move forward fast but you know sana walang politika masyado. Mag stock and mag mix, dude ang dali lang. Di naman kailangan exacto to the nearest ML. Ako basta nagkarga ng 700 bucks w/c is ca. 44 liters, 2 litro I add to be around 5%. Pag 350, isang litro. Bro at 5%, 2-7% increase in cost ko for fuel. OK na considering Im not polluting the air more and I know the engine is running using a better fuel.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    flash report... :D

to answer rodski's concern...
    heard from a reliable source (someone who attends the DOE meeting on biodiesel). By Nov. 1, when the other big oil companies come out w/ their so called Pure Diesel versions, or more correctly, their low sulfur diesel (the term pure diesel is just a marketing gimmick, there's no such thing as pure diesel from a technical point of view), they might already be loaded w/ 1% biodiesel. I heard that DOE is pushing for this via a memorandum of agreement (MOA) w/ the petroleum companies. Dati kasi, dun sa Biodiesel Task Force, dapat sana, this will be required thru an Executive Order from Malacañang, kaya lang, w/ the political season in full swing, wala ng time to have that.
    The oil companies are now asking for the production volume capacities of the prospective biodiesel manufacturers... hopefully, if things pan out as planned... biodiesel will be available at the pump by next month. probably B1 or B2 blend. shempre, i-a-add-on na yung cost ng biodiesel.

pero meron pa rin market for the biodiesel retailers. for those who want to use more biodiesel for environmental purposes.. they can always buy and add up to 5%.

The long term scenario here is that hopefully, magmura ang cost of production due to economies of scale. pero konti lang impact non sa overall cost. the biggest cost factor for biodiesel as of now is the price of coconut oil. dapat, bumalik sa coconut farming ang mga farmers natin ngayon pa lang. from what I heard, it takes at least 7 yrs for a coconut tree to bear fruits. di lang mag-iimprove pollution, uunlad pa coconut industry natin.

the other good news to this is... the hi-tech diesel engine cars from Europe and Japan may finally land on phil shores with the improvement of fuel quality. most notably yung VW and mercedez diesels, including the volvos, citroen and the Honda Diesels.

kaya mga kababayan... sa darating na eleksyon (acheche :lol buko ang pag-asa ng bayan! ang diesel fuel...magiging cocodiesel fuel... kaya ang diesel club.... magiging coconut club!! lahat tayo ay magiging coconut boys!! :lol: :lol:

master garyq

you're citing european and U.S. based studies on biodiesel... sa cocodiesel.. redution in particulate emissions is as high as 65%. better than soya biodiesel and rapeseed. plus, may detergency property pa ang cocodiesel -- meaning, it tends to clean the fuel injector tips.
    natural property kasi yun ng coconut oil... after all, detergents that are used in making shampoos, liquid washing soaps are derived from coconut oil... the so-called CFAS - coconut fatty acid surfactants. :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano ba ang raw material na kailangan para magproduce ng biodiesel? Copra or fresh coconut meat?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Pure Diesel