New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Thanks Jut..nice info....Wow imagine the number of Truck/Lorries that traverses Star Toll Hiway from Tabangao and it only accounts pala ng 20% Shell Sale sa MM...Eh kung baligtad pala say 80% of Shell's Sales in Manila comes from Tabangao...eh nakuw di like a procession na ang mga oil carrying trucks sa hiway.... They really need to decide to have another Pipeline and pump it somewhere near Manila to help decongest the roads with this heavy trucks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *jut
    Is our diesel still B2? I read somewhere they wanted to up the blended CME to 5%. Might this be the reason for premature diesel fuel system damage?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Thanks Jut..nice info....Wow imagine the number of Truck/Lorries that traverses Star Toll Hiway from Tabangao and it only accounts pala ng 20% Shell Sale sa MM...Eh kung baligtad pala say 80% of Shell's Sales in Manila comes from Tabangao...eh nakuw di like a procession na ang mga oil carrying trucks sa hiway.... They really need to decide to have another Pipeline and pump it somewhere near Manila to help decongest the roads with this heavy trucks.
    Tabangao also serves Laguna and Cavite, 2 provinces with huge volume as well, which explains the multitude of trucks on STAR/SLEX.

It will be too expensive and disruptive to both the business and the affected communities to start another pipeline project. If the existing BatMan pipeline is not revived, the only feasible next step forward is co-terminaling with other oil companies that still have facilities in Manila (Total, Petron, etc) which is what Shell is already doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    *jut
    Is our diesel still B2? I read somewhere they wanted to up the blended CME to 5%. Might this be the reason for premature diesel fuel system damage?
    Still B2 bro. As it is, 2% CME already adds a significant amount to the product cost (more than the fancy additives in premium fuel lol). Pushing for 5% CME will definitely get everyone up in arms.

In fact, some smugglers skirt the CME requirement and are thus able to sell at significantly lower prices in the wholesale market. Problem is, DOE is focusing on the branded stations and not these low-profile (but extremely rich) wholesalers.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Tabangao also serves Laguna and Cavite, 2 provinces with huge volume as well, which explains the multitude of trucks on STAR/SLEX.

It will be too expensive and disruptive to both the business and the affected communities to start another pipeline project. If the existing BatMan pipeline is not revived, the only feasible next step forward is co-terminaling with other oil companies that still have facilities in Manila (Total, Petron, etc) which is what Shell is already doing.

Still B2 bro. As it is, 2% CME already adds a significant amount to the product cost (more than the fancy additives in premium fuel lol). Pushing for 5% CME will definitely get everyone up in arms.

In fact, some smugglers skirt the CME requirement and are thus able to sell at significantly lower prices in the wholesale market. Problem is, DOE is focusing on the branded stations and not these low-profile (but extremely rich) wholesalers.

Bro, they say pure diesel runs best, specially in older engines. I would actually appreciate not having CME in our fuels.

Appreciate the info. I'm somewhat sad we don't have anyone on the inside of the petroleum industry now. Hope FMCG treats you well. Everyone I talked to says it is stressful.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Bro, they say pure diesel runs best, specially in older engines. I would actually appreciate not having CME in our fuels.

Appreciate the info. I'm somewhat sad we don't have anyone on the inside of the petroleum industry now. Hope FMCG treats you well. Everyone I talked to says it is stressful.
    Agree bro. I would also prefer pure gasoline and pure diesel as it would be cheaper and better for our engines. Unfortunately, DOE regulations prevent us from doing so.

Yeah it's stressful but that's why I'm jumping in while I'm still young. I can always go back to the slower-paced petroleum industry when I get burned out. There are also other FMCGs that are less stressful so that's another option in the future.

And it's not like the industry changes all too frequently - most of the stuff that I learned when I was starting out is still the same to this day. It's just the weekly MOPS movement that I'll be missing out on.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Agree bro. I would also prefer pure gasoline and pure diesel as it would be cheaper and better for our engines. Unfortunately, DOE regulations prevent us from doing so.

Yeah it's stressful but that's why I'm jumping in while I'm still young. I can always go back to the slower-paced petroleum industry when I get burned out. There are also other FMCGs that are less stressful so that's another option in the future.

And it's not like the industry changes all too frequently - most of the stuff that I learned when I was starting out is still the same to this day. It's just the weekly MOPS movement that I'll be missing out on.

So what would be your final verdict sir? To fill up lang with regular diesel either petron or shell? T7 ranger nga pala unit ko sir baka magkakaissue sa maduming fuel.

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miguel20 View Post
    So what would be your final verdict sir? To fill up lang with regular diesel either petron or shell? T7 ranger nga pala unit ko sir baka magkakaissue sa maduming fuel.

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Yes, that's fine. Pinapayaman mo lang oil companies when you buy premium diesel.

But if it makes you happy even if you pay an extra P3.00/L (10% more), then go for it.

Objectively, regular diesel won't hurt your car. But some people just love to drink our marketing kool-aid and believe that only premium diesel will work for their car. 😂

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Good to know. Now I'll be looking forward to your version of FMCG confidential if ever you switch industries again.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Good to know. Now I'll be looking forward to your version of FMCG confidential if ever you switch industries again.
    Haha the stuff I share isn't confidential naman, it's common knowledge for everyone in the industry. It's just that for regular consumers, marketing really shapes how people think. I only try to clear up misconceptions with facts. 😉

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    how about the Cetane rating of caltex diesel and PTT ? anyone have idea?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Philippines Diesel Fuel's Cetane Numbers