New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi guys! Share ko lang din experience ko. I also tried Petron Blaze 100 and it sure did improve my Kia Rio's fuel consumption. From Petron Xtra nagaaverage ako to just 9-11Km/L, sa Blaze nasa 12-15Km/L na ko. Monitored it for over a month na and consistent mixed city and highway driving. I fuel up like 500 and 1000 php denominations, so for the same expense, I get better fuel economy I guess.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by redeemed View Post
    same here, having a cold start problem... i'm blaze user 'coz wala pa nga syang e-10. but now na naging 100RON na sya, problem ko naman is yung cold-start nga. so, balik ako XCS.. no choice. mine is Civic VTi stock engine.

like me. kaso nga w/ this new Blaze.. getting a cold-start problem. what do you suggest gurus? tune my stock VTi engine o no need? better balik na lang sa XCS e-10 blended & gaya ng sabi nila.. "bahala na!".

Thank God! I thought i was the only one with this issue, that it was isolated for my car. I recently switched to blaze 100 octance and had 3 full tanks already. noticed that I improved fc and offset cost with 130 pesos savings. anyway, the cold start problem persists until today (since i loaded blaze). I will go back to xcs or unleaded on my next full tank.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hindi ko pa nasubukan Blaze 100 octane next time pag ubos na 97 0ctane na Sea oil. Para makumpara natin itong dalawa .

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    i tried that also, i think i gives more mileage than the old blaze

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yoogix View Post
    Thank God! I thought i was the only one with this issue, that it was isolated for my car. I recently switched to blaze 100 octance and had 3 full tanks already. noticed that I improved fc and offset cost with 130 pesos savings. anyway, the cold start problem persists until today (since i loaded blaze). I will go back to xcs or unleaded on my next full tank.
    Try nyo mas mahabang spark plugs, a couple of mm....

kasi nga sa taas ng RON, meron di nasusunog masyado....

try nyo lang...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by desert fox View Post
    Try nyo mas mahabang spark plugs, a couple of mm....

kasi nga sa taas ng RON, meron di nasusunog masyado....

try nyo lang...
    good point. i will go ahead and try replacing the spark plugs na mas mahaba since due na din for replacement. Thanks for the info

sayang din kasi, i am loving the 100 octane from petron blaze. I even submitted my paper for one of my subjects on mba, about the cost efficiency ng pag refuel na full tank with 100 octance versus 95 and 93 octance. pero di ko mention dun na its from Petron. anyway, using historical data sa pag pa full tank ko with 95 and 100 octane, then applying decision tree analysis, na o-offset ko yung high cost ng 100 octane with an average savings of 331.36 pesos for 1 month as compared to 95 and 93 octance.

eto yung milaage ko particular to regular unleaded, XCS and Blaze

Regular unleaded: for one month, average is at 6.9 km/litre

XCS: for one month average is at 8.10 km/litre

Blaze 100: for one month average is at 9.6 km/litre

this is pure city driving with a 1.8 A/T 7 seater car, mostly 1 passenger for 5 days and 5 passengers on weekends.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sinubukan ko din Blaze 100 at meron din cold start problem. Half pa laman ng gas tank ko ngayon, pwede ko na ba haluan ng caltex gold?

Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Please be reminded that the higher the octane, the fuel burns slowly, so we need to advance our timing. Just add 2 degrees from your current reading. After trying the 100 octane fuel, and you want to go back to your usual fuel (either 97, 95 or 93 RON), retard your ignition timing to 2 degrees.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by macgyver1432000 View Post
    Please be reminded that the higher the octane, the fuel burns slowly, so we need to advance our timing. Just add 2 degrees from your current reading. After trying the 100 octane fuel, and you want to go back to your usual fuel (either 97, 95 or 93 RON), retard your ignition timing to 2 degrees.
    Yup. Longer tip plugs aren't the answer. Advanced timing is.

High octane is more resistant to detonation... but that doesn't mean that a regular spark plug can't detonate it... otherwise millions of sports cars wouldn't run at all. But you need higher compression or more advanced timing to run it properly. You can probably even run up to 5 degrees or more of advance on some cars safely with Blaze 100.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *macgyver1432000
    *niky

noted. I will take this into consideration when i get back to my casa to have it adjusted. Thanks you for the information on the advance timing.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Petron BLAZE 100 Octane na!