New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    theres a similar thread na for this turbo diesel....dun nalang po tayo magtanong...madami naring testimonials

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    My experience has been so-so for this variant. I've mostly used Petron as my fuel for my car, but recently changed to Total as the fuels are imported and undergo refining abroad to stricter standards. Lower sulfur levels=cleaner emissions. Anyway, I was expecting the same from Petron TD, but after using it for two weeks, my experience has been the same. Its matipid, but on sudden acceleration, there is black smoke. I don't experience that with Total, but the FC on Total is a bit more. Test it, and find out for yourself if its worth the extra P4.00 / liter. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Quint; August 20th, 2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: i-spelling

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sonmart View Post
    Ganda ng takbo pag naka petron turbo diesel, mas mapapansin mo better performance kesa difference from unleaded to blaze or V power,

Pino na ang D4D lalo pa pumino sa petron turbo diesel parang naka gas engine ka
    hindi kaya psychological lang yan?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    My fuel gauge was around the empty mark, probably few more kms before the fuel warning would lit up, when I refilled my tank for just about 25 liters just for curiosity’s sake.

I drive my 10+ y/o trooper along the 8km+ stretch here in Clark almost everyday when I go to work and I know how it feels and sounds when I floor it, cruise, or go Sunday driving mode.

Performance gains are barely noticeable. FC is yet to be determined and I'll update this thread about that should I find good news. What I have noticed is the reduced emission of black smoke even when I suddenly floor the pedal. I also got a free t-shirt.

I think what would make me refill again is the FC factor.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I am also leaning more towards Total Diesel for my CRDI and DDI I-Teq Engines.

Pansin ko mas matipid and mas tahimik ang engine.

But I revert to Shell in some areas where Total is nowhere to be found.

For these Petron's TD and Shell's V Power Diesel, Observant mode muna.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    hindi kaya psychological lang yan?

Absolutely not

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Well gentlemen, I think we can conclude that so far, only those NEWER vehicles with CRDi and electronically controlled injection can benefit from this new fuel.

For the vast majority of us with older diesel cars, there is little or NO benefit.

Anymore testers out there?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    [size="4"]
    done
    [/size]

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    SHELL will have a version of it called SHELL V POWER DIESEL

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
New Petron Turbo Diesel Fuel [MERGED]