New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ako rin bumagsak ang mileage ko by as much as 1km/L. dati around 9 to 9.5 km/L (normal 25%highway, 75% city), ngayon nasa 8.5km/L na lang.

around 40L pinapa-gas ko lagi. so that's around 40kms lost. (tama ba analysis ko?)

ano magandang gas ang ipalit sa xcs? yung mura lang sana and 95ron na malakas ang hatak

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    would anyone believe me that all efi engines now can tolerate up to 20% ethanol blend without doing any modifications.

but 10% really is safe.

> some people experience sluggish performance because the ethanol in the blend dissolves the impurities sticking on your lines and, also blocks it. < only my opinion

that's why i laugh everytime i see the flex fuel vehicle ford is advertising here in manila.

ethanol is bad for carbs.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    would anyone believe me that all efi engines now can tolerate up to 20% ethanol blend without doing any modifications.

but 10% really is safe.

> some people experience sluggish performance because the ethanol in the blend dissolves the impurities sticking on your lines and, also blocks it. < only my opinion

that's why i laugh everytime i see the flex fuel vehicle ford is advertising here in manila.

ethanol is bad for carbs.
    wonder what carb owners like me will do once the mandatory ethanol blend is implemented?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    ako rin bumagsak ang mileage ko by as much as 1km/L. dati around 9 to 9.5 km/L (normal 25%highway, 75% city), ngayon nasa 8.5km/L na lang.

around 40L pinapa-gas ko lagi. so that's around 40kms lost. (tama ba analysis ko?)

ano magandang gas ang ipalit sa xcs? yung mura lang sana and 95ron na malakas ang hatak
    XCS at Blaze pa rin dun sa mataas na copression at turbo.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    wonder what carb owners like me will do once the mandatory ethanol blend is implemented?
    extensive modifications sir, on your fuel lines to your inlet port gaskets, to be ethanol compatible, and then you have to tweak the carb itself. i'm not a carb expert though, so i can't give you details.

for efi engines:

if you want to run your vehicle in more than 10% ethanol blend for a long period you replace the fuel lines, tank, pump, pressure regulator, to be alcohol compatible, or else you'd get leaks all over the place.

and you need to tune your ecu, in a dyno. ethanol has lower energy per mass unit, but it has high octane level.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    unleaded ba xcs? pde ba to sa civc 06? un blaze kya?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh View Post
    unleaded ba xcs? pde ba to sa civc 06? un blaze kya?
    unleaded naman lahat ng gas ngayon paps.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    a gnun b? nalilito po kc ko pc me premium at unleaded e..

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    on a whim, i tried it. here's my initial impressions.

in fairness, maganda ang acceleration, parang magaang dalhin, madulas ang feeling. maganda din ang sunog ng sparkplug.

downside is may konting tope lang sometimes.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    filled-up my tank with the new petron xcs last week. and yes, my consumption increased.

with shell/caltex, 30 liters go at 300 kms which is 10 kms/liter.
    with xcs, 30 liters only went as far as 220 kms or 7.33 kms/liter.

medyo malaki ang nawala.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
new gasoline by petron