New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Actually even Johnny Smith of Fifth Gear drove his diesel M-Benz across the UK just fueled by used cooking oil poured into his fuel tank (after filtering it clean of nasty bits).

I am not sure but it is possible the local fastfood chains do recycle their used cooking oil into something. I am just not sure what.
    I have friends here in the US who drive their cars purely on waste veggie oil. In fact a friend of mine who has a w115 240D drives his car on that, and he gets some of his fuel from a friend in San Diego (libre naman yung pagpunta dun, just the time and effort). His friend in San Diego collects WVO (waste veggie oil) and stores them in three 55 gallon drums, filters them, lets them settle to get of the bad stuff and then adds some ingredients to make it easier on the engine and just pumps it straight into their cars. On the last trip I had with him, we got 35 gallons worth of FREE veggie oil already processed and waiting to be used. That's roughly a month's worth of driving. Imagine how much you can save.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

With this discovery, more matter can now be practically turned into energy...

I'd still say though that this is a very rough approach. Wait until we go nuclear....

4505:vader:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i remember i read a news sa net dati na madaming gumagamit ng veggie oil sa sasakyan nila sa isang bayan sa isang bansa a europe (not sure if the netherlands). pero the moment na nalaman ito ng govt nila, pinagbawal kasi daw dapat may additional tax kung ito ay gagamitin as fuel

well, ndi lang pala govt ng Pilipinas ang emgot hehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Fuel's gold: Termites point way to new dawn of bio-energy