New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    ganito ginawa ko, i disabled the fracking accelerator pump! yung fuel kasi na galing dun pwde na makadagdag ng 1-2 km kung dadaan sa venturi.

kapag kasi sa traffic maraming beses yung pag-galaw nung pump resulting in wasted fuel. nag test drive ako and wala namang bad effect but i haven't tested on loaded setup. there's a catch though, di ka pwedeng bumigla ng apak galing sa full stop kasi mag jejerk yung sasakyan kelangan swabeng apak sa silinyador.

eto pa, yung venturi ko me walong port holes dun lumalabas yung vaporized gasoline, what i did is i threaded a fishing line para masara yung apat butas making sure di ito matatanggal in the long run. yung main jet ko is minimum size na so di na ako nagpalit.

laking tipid ng resulta mga bro. hope this helps lalo na 55 na gas haay buhay

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    A very lean burn? I hope it wont destroy your plugs. BTW Sir, since you said you cant use your accelerator on an abrupt or sudden acceleration, hope it wont affect your safety during overtaking. Yeah, it might consume less, but what about the mechanical stress it would give to your engine? Which of course is not cheap.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The accelerator pump is there for a purpose, of which you probably know already. What I think you do not know is that the accelerator pump can be adjusted so that it will just dispense the right amount of fuel. I don't know how you managed to "jury-rig" all of these modifications into your carb, and I'm very subjective as to how your car drives right now. You may have saved a liter of fuel at the end of the day, but how is the driveability of your car? Also consider the fact that how your car responds to your inputs on the road, translates to the safety of you, your passengers, and the other road users.

If you're hell bent in conserving fuel, why not convert your carb to a Solex 34.

See here: Solex 34 Pict 3 Carburetor Tuning - 1966 Cosmic Green VW Bug

Or better yet, convert to LPG.

Good luck.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; October 18th, 2013 at 12:42 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    *sir jvnv
    acceleration while overtaking is good..
    about the lean burn, not so lean siguro kasi cool naman engine

*sir low
    my car drives normal naman nakuha lang ata yung sweet spot sir
    available ba sir yung solex satin?
    lpg.. hmm parang hassle ata yan ipon mode nalang para sa diesel engine na sarplas

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by johncoder View Post
    available ba sir yung solex satin?
    Yup, punta ka sa mga auto supply selling VW spareparts. Either in Araneta Ave, QC, or dito sa may Buendia/Taft, Pasay.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by johncoder View Post
    ganito ginawa ko, i disabled the fracking accelerator pump! yung fuel kasi na galing dun pwde na makadagdag ng 1-2 km kung dadaan sa venturi.

kapag kasi sa traffic maraming beses yung pag-galaw nung pump resulting in wasted fuel. nag test drive ako and wala namang bad effect but i haven't tested on loaded setup. there's a catch though, di ka pwedeng bumigla ng apak galing sa full stop kasi mag jejerk yung sasakyan kelangan swabeng apak sa silinyador.

eto pa, yung venturi ko me walong port holes dun lumalabas yung vaporized gasoline, what i did is i threaded a fishing line para masara yung apat butas making sure di ito matatanggal in the long run. yung main jet ko is minimum size na so di na ako nagpalit.

laking tipid ng resulta mga bro. hope this helps lalo na 55 na gas haay buhay
    what car are we talking about, sir? and what is your current km/liter now, using your "improvement" ?
    do you experience difficulty getting up ramps or bridges?
    can you accelerately decently?
    is your carb new or used?

very curious..
    Last edited by dr. d; October 22nd, 2013 at 12:51 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    what car are we talking about, sir? and what is your current km/liter now, using your "improvement" ?
    -old 13T engine sir... with regards to km/l, no actual # yet i'll be having a long trip (daet-albay) this coming weeks post ko agad fc after the trip

do you experience difficulty getting up ramps or bridges?
    -no problem with ramps, bridges or hilly roads

can you accelerately decently?
    -yes

is your carb new or used?
    -old carb that came along with the engine. i just overhauled it myself after acquiring the car with the help of youtube hehe