New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saan ba pwede magpa-dyno? kelangan bang tanggalin ang engine? how much?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hinde na tinatangal un engine..

speedzone ata..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa autoplus pala boybi!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano kaya pinagkaiba ng L200 at Adventure kit? Pwede din kaya sa L300 iyan?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Auto_Xer
    Ungas,
    As ARB stated, low boost only.
    Almost any engine will tolerate a 5psi turbo retrofit.
    With the right engine controls you can actually go up to 9psi, sometimes more if it's tuned very precisely.
    But that also leaves little room for tolerance of poor fuel quality.
    Ibig sabihin ba nun, 'yong XUVi engine na may low-charge turbo, ay hindi practical na i-upgrade with intercooler?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    20vanda01 - its better to add intercooler so that you can up the boost a little to gain more power. without damage to engine components.

higher boost means higher air temp from the turbo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARB, ganun pala 'yon? Sige, plan ko kasi after engine warranty tsaka ko pa lang lagyan ng IC, or pede na rin lagyan... Sa ibang thread nabanggit na sa shop daw nina Afrasay ang gumagawa nito.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    An intercooler will not raise boost pressure. It is only for cooling the intake charge. Kasi kapag yung hangin, dumaan sa turbo (which is driven by exhaust and spinning very fast) may tendency na uminit ang hangin. Hot air has less oxygen density than cold air so medyo hindi maximized ang turbocharger.

Beneficial nga ang IC sa mga turbo engines because of its cooling effect.

Sina Auto_Xer ang gumagawa ng IC's. Si sir Afrasay po ay PLDT Engineer. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    rephrase ko na lang. When you add an intercooler you can increase the boost slightly to gain more power. not counting the power gained when installing the intercooler.

i added an intercooler for my pick-up, its a surplus intercooler from a toyota supra engine. mounted it in front of the aircon condenser, then made custom metal tubes to connect it from the turbo-intercooler-intake manifold. i wrapped it with heat resisting material. i have yet to increase the boost, no time to make bleed valve for the vacuum hose. but i noticed since i had the intercooler the power is still there even if its very hot aouside. if you notice your crosswind performs better during early mornings or late nights when the air is cold outside. with and intercooler you can experience this even in hot weather and better performance with cold weather.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    arb, you mentioned that you installed turbo on teranno by luxons, san b to ? I'm planning to get one for my teranno if the price is within my budget. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Finally! Turbo Kits for Diesel's