New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by redge514 View Post
    I'm just curious though bakit hindi ginagamit ng mismong manufactures ang mga race chips. I suppose they know about this technology.
    Will these mods subject the car's engine and tranny undue stress? This could likewise shorten the car's lifespan.... di kaya?
    Natumbok mo ang tamang sagot sir.Iiksi ang buhay ng makina kung gagamit ng racing chips.Kayang-kaya naman siyempre ng mga manufacturer na itaas ang power output ng makina by just remapping the ECU.Ayaw nilang isugal siyempre ang image nila,thats why they prefer always on the safer side.Napakatulin na nga ng mga bagong dieselcars ngayon,para sa akin over powered na.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me i dont always rev the engine, i just installed the chip to maximize the power of the engine so when you need it, it is there for you to use, diesel pickup ang strada ko so i dont intend to race it, like they say" it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it"....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by redge514 View Post
    I'm just curious though bakit hindi ginagamit ng mismong manufactures ang mga race chips. I suppose they know about this technology.
    Will these mods subject the car's engine and tranny undue stress? This could likewise shorten the car's lifespan.... di kaya?
    There are many reasons for this.

The biggest reason is, of course, durability... but it's not so simple as "more power = more wear and tear".

Manufacturers have to program stock ECUs for a wide variety of markets. These markets have different weather conditions (temperature, humidity, air pressure, etcetera), traffic conditions and fuel quality. Maximizing power via a chip means that sometimes, you're running the engine hotter than is optimal for hot desert conditions... or that closer to the injectors' makximum duty cycle than stock, which is bad if poor fuel quality is a worry.

But manufacturers tend to think in terms of the "worst case scenario" and in terms of life cycles of hundreds of thousands of kilometers run in the worst possible conditions (say, stop and go traffic in Saudi Arabia). As long as you fill up at clean stations, use the power responsibly, don't boost often in hot traffic and properly warm up and cool down the engine, it should last as long as a stock set-up driven in the same manner.

Hell... even stock turbodiesels can suffer failures if driven improperly... witness the blown turbos on Accent taxis due to drivers not warming up and cooling down their cars properly.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Mga gurus matanong ko lang when they say "plug and play" kaya ba yan gawin ng kahit sino, basta ituturo lang ang procedure? my concern is halimbawa mag pa pa PMS ka mas maganda siguro tanggalin muna yung Chip para di makita sa casa, tapos ibalik na lang personally after service,otherwise void ang warranty natin di ba?
    And sorry OT:
    san ba yung tsikot shop sa Taguig?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by poknet View Post
    Mga gurus matanong ko lang when they say "plug and play" kaya ba yan gawin ng kahit sino, basta ituturo lang ang procedure? my concern is halimbawa mag pa pa PMS ka mas maganda siguro tanggalin muna yung Chip para di makita sa casa, tapos ibalik na lang personally after service,otherwise void ang warranty natin di ba?
    And sorry OT:
    san ba yung tsikot shop sa Taguig?

yes, it is relatively easy to unplug when you will take your vehicle to the casa for service.....just learn how to disconnect it, parang computer usb port lang yun....

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Thanks sir Niky for your further rationalization.
    The low quality of diesel in our country keep me skeptic on the use of such device. Maybe i'll try muna yung other chip that offers reasonable cost and evaluate/observe before i take the plunge unto the more pricey ones.

Salamat po

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Guys, will this work on my 2001 kia carnival? Its non-crdi, turbo diesel lang. Body is a bit heavy kaya acceleration is somewhat slow (matic din kasi). Besides I'm only doing 7.2km/liter.

thanks

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Between Race-Chip (http://www.racechip.ph/), DTS (http://www.dieseltuning.com.ph/), DPChip (http://www.diesel.asia/efi_tuning.html), and UniChip (http://www.speedlab.com.ph/unichip.php), all have local distributors. Up to us I guess to determine which would be a better buy.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by soluna_17 View Post
    Guys, will this work on my 2001 kia carnival? Its non-crdi, turbo diesel lang. Body is a bit heavy kaya acceleration is somewhat slow (matic din kasi). Besides I'm only doing 7.2km/liter.

thanks
    Nope it wont.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by soluna_17 View Post

thanks
    alcohol injection lang alternative mo

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
DTS diesel tuning chip