New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ondoy
    "In compliance with Clean Air Act, the Refinery started supplying unleaded gasoline with 35% aromatics and 2% benzene in November 2002. By 2004, an additional 22 MBCD Gas Oil Hydrotreater will be onstream to desulfurize automotive diesel down to 0.05% sulfur level. Etc........."

So it appears Petron is ontrack towards compliance with the Clean Air Act, assuming the foregoing is true.
    by that time, obsolete na yung 0.05% sulfure standard. 0.005% na nga ang plano sa U.S. and parts of Europe and Japan.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi talaga tayo makakasabay sa mga first world countries. kung sumabay tayo, saan nila dadalhin mga used engines nila?
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Yup and pagsinabayan natin, the economy will suffer big time. di you know that 60% of the national budget goes to paying debt. then the 40 % is for everything else then another 60% in the pockets of our politicians.... but seriously, trying to catch up to the first world standards would cause fuel prices to go up. along with that comes strikes etc.etc.etc.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    all these are part of a vicious cycle which unfortunately we are in ...

economically speaking, the refiners cannot increase the prices of diesel which will be needed to supplement their costs in further refining the diesel fuels currently sold.

and this is the kind of diesel we have?!.... the costs just come out of our medical bills, on a personal level. on the economic level, this will be unproductive hours spent at home, sick. on a social level, its these snotty, hot-headed drivers plying our streets. on a political level, i dont see any detrimental effect because these are the very same people that should make and enforce the laws.

the solution i think, is political, to punish the ones in office by not voting for them again! in this way, we enjoy the essence of democracy (the right to suffrage)

para bang ang dali?! sana nga ...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Very good Troyman.
    I agree. again, you enter a problem. how do you stop people from voting those who seem nice to them. those who give them food. those who give them money.

for example, a certain politician running for pres in the upcoming elections. His face seems mellow enough. Media likes him cause he does interviews readily.BUT look at his eyes. you see evil. you see anger. you see a man who will kill without hesitation. The eyes are the window of the soul. Even ERAP won't support him. I'm not for ERAP but if you look at his eyes you see a nice guy. and he is nice. he just made a big mistake. On the other hand, this other guy has really mean eyes.

Blind item. try to guess who this is.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Troyman
    the solution i think, is political, to punish the ones in office by not voting for them again! in this way, we enjoy the essence of democracy (the right to suffrage)
    ilan percent lang ba ang mga intelligent voters? wala pa sigurong 10%? so kahit lahat tayo hindi iboto ang mga tiwaling public officials, walang effect sa kanila yun. mas malaking percent ang vote ng masa. sino ba mga ito? the public transport sector and their families and relatives and friends. they were the ones who want to have the cheapes fuel even at the expense of their and their love ones' health.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Diesel in the Philippines from a foreigner's perspective