New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Diesel Fuels: Petron Diesel Max or Shell Diesoline Ultra?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Petron Diesel Max

19 43.18%
  • Shell Diesoline Ultra

19 43.18%
  • Others

6 13.64%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Specific to diesel fuels, which is better in terms of, in this order, 1) cleanliness 2) mileage 3) power? I've taken out Caltex and the smaller players as they seem to be left behind in previous surveys. Here are a few articles i lifted from each one's website. If you'll base on the website articles, Shell Diesoline is the clear winner, giving much more info and details. But, i'd like to know the real world experiences of tsikoteers.

Shell Diesoline Ultra

Using Shell's global leadership and expertise in fuel technology, Shell has developed a revoluntionary process that super refines the diesel, ridding it of all impurities. The result - a pure, more stable and cleaner burning diesel.

Keep Clean Performance
    Shell Diesoline Ultra and two other local diesels were put to a Keep Clean performance test that measured the injector fouling. The injector fouling index measures the amount of clogging caused by deposits in the injector, resulting in less efficient fuel spray and combustion. Results showed that Shell Diesoline Ultra considerably decreased injector clogging, unlike the two other diesels tested. This means that Shell Diesoline Ultra will keep your engine clean longer than any other diesel.

Clean Up Performance

The three diesels were tested on their ability to remove existing dirt and deposits. Tests showed that other diesels gave minimal clean-up resulting in a power loss of up to 8% (due to accumulated engine deposit build up). Only Shell Diesoline Ultra was able to deliver true clean-up performance (removes 10 times the amount of carbon deposits than ordinary diesels) and even recovered about 4% of the lost power. With further driving, and continued use of Shell Diesoline Ultra, expect that clean up and power recovery will continue.

Superior Protection
    Compared to the two diesels tested, Shell Diesoline Ultra demonstrated superior engine protection. Diesoline Ultra guards the entire fuel system against rust and corrosion.

Anti-Foam Performance
    All diesel fuels make foam as they are loaded into a fuel tank. Shell Diesoline Ultra significantly reduces the amount of foam and dissipation time, ensuring a more accurate and faster fill than other diesels. Shell Diesoline Ultra. Super Refined to be the cleanest and purest diesel available.It is the first diesel in the Philippines to deliver true engine cleaning capability.It gives exceptional corrosion protection and optimum anti-foam ability.Shell Diesoline Ultra. Super-refined to be ultra clean and ultra pure. For clean power and pure performance. Discover it for yourself!

Shell Diesoline Ultra FAQ

What benefit do I get when I use New Shell Diesoline Ultra?

New Shell Diesoline Ultra delivers clean power and pure performance. It releases the true power of your diesel engine while reducing smoke. A total improvement in performance, your engine will run better, smoother and more efficiently.

How does New Shell Diesoline Ultra deliver these benefits?

New Shell Diesoline Ultra is clean and pure. It burns cleaner and more completely, releasing all the power in each drop of diesel - leaving no residue inside the engine. Hence, combustion is more efficient and black smoke is significantly reduced. New Shell Diesoline Ultra is Pure. Harmful elements that reduce engine performance like dirt, impurities and contaminants have all been removed.

How is a clean and pure diesel possible?

New Shell Diesoline Ultra is super-refined. This is the latest breakthrough in the refining process made possible by Shell's global leadership and expertise in fuel technology. The super-refining process produces the best diesel possible. Super-refining produces a clearer and brighter diesel, quality you can see, performance you can feel.

How is New Shell Diesoline Ultra different from other diesels in the market?

Only New Shell Diesoline Ultra is super-refined to be clean and pure. Other diesels may have impurities and contaminants but only New Shell Diesoline Ultra is guaranteed to be the cleanest and the purest. And it also has cleaning properties which remove the dirt and carbon deposits inside the engine that other diesels have left behind.

Is New Shell Diesoline Ultra compatible with my vehicle?

Yes! Because New Shell Diesoline Ultra is clean and pure, it is the safest diesel you can use for your vehicle.

Can I use New Shell Diesoline Ultra with other diesels?

Yes. But to get the maximum benefit you should use New Shell Diesoline Ultra continuously. Remember, other diesels are not as clean and pure and using them will dirty-up your engine again. New Shell Diesoline Ultra is the cleanest and purest for your engine and only Diesoline Ultra can keep your engine clean and performing at its best.

Does the New Shell Diesoline Ultra cost more than the current Shell Diesel?

No. New Shell Diesoline Ultra is priced the same as the current Shell Diesel available. Motorists can now enjoy all the quality and performance of this new clean and pure diesel at the same affordable price per liter.
    PETRON DIESEL MAX
    PETRON DIESEL MAX is a low sulfur, premium product that contains a unique and robust multifunctional additive that contains smoke reducing agent and lubricity additive to protect fuel injection system. It also has the ability to maintain and improve fuel injection system cleanliness through unsurpassed detergency characteristics.

Petron Diesel Max provides a superior performance in low sulfur diesel technology as indicated by the following features:
    - Instantaneous and sustained reduction in smoke and particulates
    - Contains a lubricity enhancer that protects from engine wear
    - Improved fuel economy
    - Reduced emissions
    - Reduced nozzle fouling
    - Provides corrosion protection

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Prior to using biodiesel, I've loaded up with Petron Diesel Max ever since I got my ride, with two instances of using Shell Diesoline.

Sa experience ko, lamang ang Petron in terms of fuel mileage.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    :lamang talaga asa mileage ang petron thru experience din

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Don't know if this is still true today, but back in 1999 Total and Shell sometimes got diesel and other fuels from each other.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Shell Diesoline ultra syempre!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    same hir... i got better fuel mileage with Petron...

sa shell... di maitim usok i guess...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    mga bro ano ba ang mas masarap singhotin diesel fuel or premium fuel. kasi ang unleaded kulay green edi green tea flavor, ang premium naman kulay red edi cherry flavor, ang diesel naman kulay ihi, baka urine flavor. sa kerosene na lang ako kasi mas mura kaysa sa mga leading fuel, nagmahal na kasi gasulina ngayon kelangan maging practical

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    longer mileage ako sa caltex 12-13.+ kms/li.

next is shell at 11.9 to 12.+ kms/li.

last is petron nasa 11.6 kms/li.

ride is crosswind m/t.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Shell Diesoline Ultra for our people-mover.

:starwars:

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brad_add View Post
    mga bro ano ba ang mas masarap singhotin diesel fuel or premium fuel. kasi ang unleaded kulay green edi green tea flavor, ang premium naman kulay red edi cherry flavor, ang diesel naman kulay ihi, baka urine flavor. sa kerosene na lang ako kasi mas mura kaysa sa mga leading fuel, nagmahal na kasi gasulina ngayon kelangan maging practical
    Addict ka ba pre?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Which Diesel Fuel: Petrol Diesel Max or Shell Diesoline?