New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Importante yang ignition timing buti naayos na.

Yung sakin kailangan pa baklasin dun sa timing belt assembly mismo para maayos yung timing. Todo advanced na daw yung setting sa distributor sabi sa Petron CCC eh.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Importante yang ignition timing buti naayos na.

Yung sakin kailangan pa baklasin dun sa timing belt assembly mismo para maayos yung timing. Todo advanced na daw yung setting sa distributor sabi sa Petron CCC eh.

Madali nga lang nagawa yung adjustment eh.
    Niluwagan lang yung screw sa may distributor ata yun (pinangagalingan ng high tension wires), then inikot lang then kita ko ung line habang nakatapat yung timing light na nakatapat na sya doon sa naka mark na no. 10.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Mga Sir,

Updates,
    I had my carb overhauled.
    Primary jet from 101 to 100 ang size
    Secondary jet from 105 to 105

Engine Timing * 10 to 11,

Fuel Consumption ko po is now 12 Km/Li sa expressway (STAR tollway).

One problem I have noticed though this morning is during starting medyo naka 2 tries ako before mag start and mejo palyado yung idle at parang mamatay makina pag hindi ko ni-rev.
    After ko i-rev ng mga 10 secs saka lang ng OK ung idle nya.

Ano po kaya problem nun?

And do you have any suggested Jet size for most economic fuel consumption without compromising too much on power?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackdripah View Post
    And do you have any suggested Jet size for most economic fuel consumption without compromising too much on power?
    Smaller jets = less fuel intake = less power

There's always a compromise especially felt on smaller engines like the 2E.

Might be good on traffic but power may suck on highways.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Mga Sir,

Updates,
    I had my carb overhauled.
    Primary jet from 101 to 100 ang size
    Secondary jet from 105 to 105

Engine Timing * 10 to 11,

Fuel Consumption ko po is now 12 Km/Li sa expressway (STAR tollway).

One problem I have noticed though this morning is during starting medyo naka 2 tries ako before mag start and mejo palyado yung idle at parang mamatay makina pag hindi ko ni-rev.
    After ko i-rev ng mga 10 secs saka lang ng OK ung idle nya.

Ano po kaya problem nun?

Nice! On hiway you can still reach 14kms per liter on the 2E. I think I was able to do that on a Subic trip before. But I had 2 bikes on the roof and luggage + pasalubong on the trunk.....so without the 2 bikes and the luggage, I would have had a higher km per liter reading.

Monitor mo ring City driving mileage mo para sure. If you still get 6km per liter eh di patay!

I think there is nothing wrong on the early morning start-up. Ganun talaga pag carg engine, give the pedal atleast 2 pumps before starting the engine para magka gas sa lines niya....pero nasa 800RPM nman after mag normalize ang start-up Idling? Pag start nasa 1,200-1,500 RPM agad yan eh even if you dont step on the gas.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by KinKyHOOTER View Post
    Nice! On hiway you can still reach 14kms per liter on the 2E. I think I was able to do that on a Subic trip before. But I had 2 bikes on the roof and luggage + pasalubong on the trunk.....so without the 2 bikes and the luggage, I would have had a higher km per liter reading.

Monitor mo ring City driving mileage mo para sure. If you still get 6km per liter eh di patay!

I think there is nothing wrong on the early morning start-up. Ganun talaga pag carg engine, give the pedal atleast 2 pumps before starting the engine para magka gas sa lines niya....pero nasa 800RPM nman after mag normalize ang start-up Idling? Pag start nasa 1,200-1,500 RPM agad yan eh even if you dont step on the gas.
    Ah ganun pala talaga yun pag umaga.
    I'll try to monitor my city driving FC this week.

You think I should have changed my jet to a smaller size maybe 90/95?

Also nga pala, while the mechanic was checking the carb, he noticed that the fuel filter tubes was installed the wrong way, as in yung inlet hose was is the outlet. (another mechanic's fault)
    Could this also be the reason why I had my FC so high?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Ah ganun pala talaga yun pag umaga.
    I'll try to monitor my city driving FC this week.

You think I should have changed my jet to a smaller size maybe 90/95?

Also nga pala, while the mechanic was checking the carb, he noticed that the fuel filter tubes was installed the wrong way, as in yung inlet hose was is the outlet. (another mechanic's fault)
    Could this also be the reason why I had my FC so high?
    I'm not really familiar with the carb jet sizes Bro. Sorry

But of course dont over rev your car at 1st start. Just let it rev on itself, then after a few mins, it will lower the revs on its own.

Not sure about the fuel filters factor with regards to fuel consumption though. Sorry again

I dont think there is a factor as it does the filtering of the fuel only. Dunno if there is a 1way valve inside, but I think wala....and in the worst case if done the wrong way eh di sana na deprive na ng gas yung engine. Pero parang wala yan kasi it filters the fuel lang naman. Correct me if I'm wrong nalang guys.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Yep orientation of fuel filter hoses don't affect FC as per se.

But then again, if it has leaks, pinholes and if the filter itself is clogged of dirty, it is a different story.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Yep orientation of fuel filter hoses don't affect FC as per se.

But then again, if it has leaks, pinholes and if the filter itself is clogged of dirty, it is a different story.
    yup.... nasa apak yan.....

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    i have the same problem, can you help me too, hope you wont mind me asking help in other peoples thread, but heres my story---
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73712 thank you

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Corolla Bigbody 2E 1.3 - 6Km/Li, is this normal???